What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (73 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nope they just don't like check engine lights on post obd2 cars. 95 cruisers are OBD2 but they don't check them because it's 96 and up in their books.

I was going to say if they did do visual inspections I would try to hide the pigtail so they do not see it, out of sight out of mind...

Replaced door lock motors and something is innound.

7A402657-5A9D-4DE3-9979-4CEFDB077E29.jpeg

D34EAA21-FC0A-49C8-A6AB-BFE4F465FE27.jpeg

Last edited:
Pulled the trigger on a shortbus after looking at them for years...love it.

View attachment 3076981
View attachment 3076982
Looks great! If I ever replace my front bumper, it will be down to either this or the traditional ARB. Both look great, but I like the way the shortbus allows most of the stock front to be on display while still offering improved protection. My '94 Aussie import has the four headlamp setup and the T O Y O T A badging on front, and I like them both to be easily seen. Great looking rig.

Looks great! If I ever replace my front bumper, it will be down to either this or the traditional ARB. Both look great, but I like the way the shortbus allows most of the stock front to be on display while still offering improved protection. My '94 Aussie import has the four headlamp setup and the T O Y O T A badging on front, and I like them both to be easily seen. Great looking rig.

What bumper covers the grill and headlights?

Not this weekend per se, but step by step over the past several I replaced the rear bumper. Snagged the replacement aluminum step on eBay, polished up nice and far fewer dents than my original, not to mention no stuck on bits of concrete.
Thanks to @ibjettin for hooking me up with his used LC450 bumper parts and agreeing to meet me halfway between Dallas and Waco for the exchange. They fit well, and while it's not a brand new look, it's a HUGE improvement and the price was right. :)
I was a little bummed at first that I wouldn't be able to reuse my "LAND CRUISER" branded mudflaps (the LC flaps attach at slightly different points), but then I had a brainstorm, as you'll see in the last pic.

BEFORE:
IMG_20210320_110405040_HDR (1).jpg

AFTER:
IMG_20220812_101928743.jpg

IMG_20220808_182225885.jpg

I was able to remove the chrome trim from my old bumper and put them on the replacement LC bumper ends to keep that look. Overall I think it turned out pretty well. Eventually they'll need to be repainted, and who knows? Maybe some day I'll pull the trigger on an aftermarket bumper. For now this is great, and as long as I can avoid getting rear ended, I expect many years of service.

What bumper covers the grill and headlights?
"Cover" is not the right word, of course. I guess I mean more "takes the focus away from." Basically I love the stock look but acknowledge the need for more protection.

Drove it to work and made a little video of last weekends shenanigans.

Well done, nicely shot! I was just explaining to my 17 yo daughter the other day how little more than a decade ago, cinematic footage like that involved renting a helicopter, pilot, and highend video camera for thousands/day. Now with a couple hundred bucks and some practice you can get amazing results.

Got a little flexy on Sunday. I really need a high-clearance rear bumper ASAP.

The 35" tires also want to rip the rear flares off, but haven't just yet...

View attachment 3081817

View attachment 3081821

View attachment 3081827

View attachment 3081830
Is that a hitch-mounted tire carrier? If so, is it a particular brand (Wilco, Rig'd, etc) or a DIY one-off? My Dad designed and fabbed one for his '96 4Runner that he has since given to me. I have to get it shortened a little to line up with my hitch holes, but I'm looking forward to using it and putting some pics up here. He did a good job, IMHO.

You're nuts man! :steer: Nice work.

While I do respect and appreciate Safari's quality and heritage, it'd be dope if a vendor like Delta made a snorkel in their aesthetic esp for rigs like yours that did the right thing by going ALL in.

Imagine one in CFRP. Siq!
Yes, I was going to give a tongue in cheek reply of "If Delta made a snorkel, I bet you'd buy it," but decided not to, lol. Then you went there a little more softly, sooo... But I get it: you find a brand and style that works for you, stick with it.

Yes, I was going to give a tongue in cheek reply of "If Delta made a snorkel, I bet you'd buy it," but decided not to, lol. Then you went there a little more softly, sooo... But I get it: you find a brand and style that works for you, stick with it.
You may be confusing me for someone else because the only things Delta I own you have to be on the floor to see my friend. :steer:

IMG_1181.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom