What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (87 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took a short drive to a nearby lake to see how the baby does riding in the Cruiser.

Side note, anybody else have a hard time getting a car seat securely tightened using these ancient seatbelts? This was my first time trying in a car without the LATCH system and no matter what I tried it felt super loose. I ended up using a tiedown strap around the base and entire seat because I just didn't feel comfortable.

oGcJqV0h.jpg

IbBWHRUh.jpg

Like others said, you might want to try the middle. If you need to keep it on the side, be sure to use the locking clip that comes with the seat and lock the retractor by pulling the belt all the way out first. Also putting your knee in the middle of the base while pulling on the belt.

Took a short drive to a nearby lake to see how the baby does riding in the Cruiser.

Side note, anybody else have a hard time getting a car seat securely tightened using these ancient seatbelts? This was my first time trying in a car without the LATCH system and no matter what I tried it felt super loose. I ended up using a tiedown strap around the base and entire seat because I just didn't feel comfortable.

oGcJqV0h.jpg

IbBWHRUh.jpg

I use a Graco Snuglock and it works great in the 80: Graco Snuglock
Chico has a similar system. Not sure about Britax.

Nicely done.
Any link to the kitchen shelf?
Amazon product ASIN B00OI0VPTIIt was very tight trying squeeze them onto the brackets, but it worked. I didn't have any washers the right size, so I just zip tied it to the holes in the bracket. The shelf actually has a divider in the middle, running length wise. Bout an inch or 2 tall. Kind of annoying, but it is what it is

Drug this home January 2019. Got it running a few weeks ago. Finally got a title and plate. Crazy that something so seemingly modern is an antique to the BMV.
IMG_20210525_194434116_HDR.jpg

Made my own version of the Wit's End Rear Quarter Panel Mount. And also installed the Delta Vehicle System's grab handle bracket to go over the cargo area. With a wire basket off Amazon.

View attachment 2683348

View attachment 2683361
I feel like those fluids are going to leak on their sides. Especially that shell oil one with the seal broken.

FYI, I've got the 48x18 inch shelf and I feel like the 48x24 would be better and fit fine.

@Outsane how well does that arm rest fit in your opinion? Looks like a bit of modification is needed and I assume the magnets don't work as well without bare metal like the 70 has. I'm curious if the end result is a really nice/solid fit or just ok. Rattles would be a deal breaker with those.

Love the pictures and I hope you put some very high octane fuel in that tailgate cell ;)

@jpoole so far I have about 30 off road miles and 10 hours of driving with it. I did have to drill some holes.
20210522_103006.jpg

I am going to add some double sided tape to hold it on. The cup holder was a good place to have the Bluetooth ham mic.

Spent the day with the family & dogs atop Oak Mountain in Alabama.
FullSizeRender 5.JPG
FullSizeRender 4.JPG
FullSizeRender.JPG
FullSizeRender 3.JPG

Pulleys, AC compressor, Landtank modified blue fan clutch, belts, vacuum pumped and recharged the AC system. She’s a whole lot happier, purring like a kitten and blowing ice cold.

646A7D4B-B163-4660-AFCE-89010DF02F03.jpeg
3441C06D-7CCA-4A64-9137-C5FDF9253C44.jpeg

Shroud?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom