What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (122 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What paint did you use on the SC? Or is it powder?

Looks awesome!

I'm hunting for a trd 1fz SC, someone somewhere has one, just gotta find em
I powder coated where ever I can but for the supercharger I used high temp satin paint/clear and baked at 400F for the housing and 225F on the supercharger.
AACC632B-C419-4A1D-8D35-8C5511E27F44.jpeg
999FA510-B09A-4DFB-87F8-1A49D5DE4114.jpeg

I just about threw up in my mouth thinking about moving 5 times in 6 years. Ugh.
Uh huh. Queasy right now. Talk about things you don’t want to be able to brag about...5 different zip codes since 2016 (including my buddies “trailer park” for my Airstream for 5 months), plus just sold a 6th and just signed the contract to build in a 7th....🤦🏻‍♂️

For fun, I spent a bit of time rebuilding the original CT26 turbo I recently pulled from Ochenta, my HDJ81 (replaced with a GTurbo Grunter Extreme...details here).

As seen immediately after removing from the truck (after ~200K miles)
CT26before.jpeg

Used a high quality Kinugawa rebuild kit and a spent ton of time cleaning things up. Pretty easy and fun project and am glad to report shaft play is back within original specs. Now if only I had a reason to actually do this rebuild. The GTurbo is spinning away in my 80, so this one will likely move to a shelf in the shop for some future project.

All cleaned up (ignore the celebratory cocktail that somehow ended up in the picture)
CT26after.jpeg

@bushdoctor , the offer still stands if you want to try to cram this into your truck. What could go wrong?

Both.

Oil that wasn't changed on time leaves a lot of deposits and it looks like it's also moisture from not driving up to full temp.
Ring blow-by will generate more of that and if the PCV system is not maintained, it will not draw out the burned vapors, and it collects on everything.

Long and short, the engine was not well maintained.

I saw a complete carbon copy (literally) on a Ford 351W in a 1974 Ford Torino. Pulled the valve cover and it looked like the VC was still on it. We had to bust the chunks loose to get to the valve train.

Thanks @BILT4ME and @ZackR. The link was very helpful. Kind of laughing at myself for not searching for similar issue.

I think the motor is telling me one more time to break it down for a complete inspection. This thin has way more build up of sludge then other posts. I am thinking there could be blow by and pcv valve clog. I need to pull the head to look closely at the cylinder walls.

CruiserMatt has a 3fe that I would love to grab. Until I get that work out I'll keep going down the rabbit hole to see what I find.

Thanks @BILT4ME and @ZackR. The link was very helpful. Kind of laughing at myself for not searching for similar issue.

I think the motor is telling me one more time to break it down for a complete inspection. This thin has way more build up of sludge then other posts. I am thinking there could be blow by and pcv valve clog. I need to pull the head to look closely at the cylinder walls.

CruiserMatt has a 3fe that I would love to grab. Until I get that work out I'll keep going down the rabbit hole to see what I find.
Lq9.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom