What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Decided to add some real recovery points to my bull bar:

49943611322_362bdbd2d4_h.jpg

49942803338_b5e002071b_h.jpg

49943611307_61cd5d5cb7_h.jpg

Did you give up on the flares or are they off for trimming?
I like the flare look.
I can make the flares fit the 38s.
Im still on the fence... at this point I can still bolt them back on.
Just need to install some rivnuts to bolt rear door clips back on.
I have one big wheelin trip planned in Sept.
Maybe I'll bolt them back on for winter.
How many Lx450s out there with bigger tires?

What do all you ih8mud 's think???

20200514_165118[2].jpg

20200507_132816[3].jpg

Nice job! I've got to do this too. Is there a link on how to do this replacement?

It's pretty straight forward, they pop right off, used a screw driver with the tip taped. FYI, the small plastic tabs on the old molding may break off, that's ok. There's also a small screw that holds the front one in...can be seen in first pic, at the end of the moulding.

I had to remove the side mirror to replace the driver's molding. If you have to do this, be careful to support the weight of the mirror so the wire doesn't disconnect. If it disconnects, you have to remove the door panel to reconnect it. Not difficult, but annoying... learned the hard way.

Reinstalling them is a cinch, pops right back into the slots.

IMG_1260.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1270.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

Changed the rear sway bar bushings, CDL switch on xfer case, steering shaft seal, polished speedo cluster lens after removing lens from cluster, cleaned l/h air ducts and tightened up nets on seat backs.
Now trying to figure why center diff won’t lock?

Beautiful truck though, sure you don’t want to keep it? Did you manage to get a 315 in the factory spare carrier?

Changed the rear sway bar bushings, CDL switch on xfer case, steering shaft seal, polished speedo cluster lens after removing lens from cluster, cleaned l/h air ducts and tightened up nets on seat backs.
Now trying to figure why center diff won’t lock?

Probably will need to pull out the actuator. It likely has some rust buildup keeping it from turning.

New hood struts from amazon as it seems the strong arms are sold out everywhere. Also added the prop rod. Thanks huddexpo
Now my head is safe with a back up because I swear more often than not every time I opened hood struts we’re toast!
707E2C9E-A420-4595-ADA9-BA16A598EDA3.jpeg

First time off-road since mods, seeing where I'm at with flex. It's stuffing pretty good but does need a tiny bit of rear trimming, anything rough would pop a flare. Gotta admit I'm pretty pleased with slee lift so far, feels more comfortable and less firm than my last couple set of Kings on other rigs.

Oh and 15% tint all around

706919CB-18D2-4265-98C1-D242040A780F.jpeg

6CD5D638-F9D6-4D1C-9DD5-EDD3C2703127.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom