What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (73 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed new drag link and drag link ends (thanks @cruiseroutfit ). Steering wheel is pointed straight for the first time in over 5 years. Even got my wife to help (tell me when the steering wheel is straight) with no complaints, which is pretty amazing.

View attachment 2086415

Then promptly backed over my furniture dolly--got it wedged in there pretty good between the tires :doh:

View attachment 2086417

Doh!

Thanks for the order!

Installed new drag link and drag link ends (thanks @cruiseroutfit ). Steering wheel is pointed straight for the first time in over 5 years. Even got my wife to help (tell me when the steering wheel is straight) with no complaints, which is pretty amazing.

View attachment 2086415

Then promptly backed over my furniture dolly--got it wedged in there pretty good between the tires :doh:

View attachment 2086417

looks like a new spare tire carrier system! haha

Door panel rehab. really need new panels but for now new top bolster and armrest/handle

2D0F78C6-B268-4260-BECF-368BF3D5029E.jpeg

View attachment 2086415

View attachment 2086417

I like your average MPG!!!;):clap: Gotta love the best muscle car America has ever made, zoom zoom(silently)!

I plan on potts after expo east. and before @aylestock helps me install new OME wiring harnesss
Oh that'd be sick! Pretty tight trail though like I said.

I like your average MPG!!!;):clap: Gotta love the best muscle car America has ever made, zoom zoom(silently)!
Cheapest one money can buy :hillbilly: It was the replacement for my 2012 Volt that was getting a little long in the tooth. For anyone who is self-employed and does a lot of work mileage, electric cars are the ultimate tax hack :eek:

Cheapest one money can buy :hillbilly: It was the replacement for my 2012 Volt that was getting a little long in the tooth. For anyone who is self-employed and does a lot of work mileage, electric cars are the ultimate tax hack :eek:

Wife has the cheapest one too and it's oh so amazing in many many ways! It's the first american car I've every bought(honda and toyota fan boy since the 90s) and first american car I've ever driven that hands down is better than just about every import! When I find a reason to sell my LS430(looking hard
1568920072990.png
) I'll be looking and buying a........GASP........used american car. Never once such scenario has crossed my mind before!

Murica baby!
1568920505899.png

Last edited:
Wife has the cheapest one too and it's oh so amazing in many many ways! It's the first american car I've every bought(honda and toyota fan boy since the 90s) and first american car I've ever driven that hands down is better than just about every import! When I find a reason to sell my LS430(looking hardView attachment 2086755) I'll be looking and buying a........GASP........used american car. Never once such scenario has crossed my mind before!

Murica baby!
View attachment 2086764
Our friend has a Model S. Driven 150 miles a day. He LOVES it.

Problem is, I can fill my Lexus' tank once a week for 7 years, before breaking even. 🤔

Last edited:
First time at Pismo. I want to go back, next time with less sh*t loaded up.
BF1897B4-0ED2-4E4B-8A36-CE6709BE66FD.jpeg

Problem is, I can fill my Lexus' tank once a week for 7 years, before breaking even. 🤔

It depends on how and what you compare to. A comparable car will run 40+k now days anyways and still have to pay gas. But, while gas is cheap now and days the same A$$holes who blew up world trade buildings are doing everything they can to raise it. For a lot of people who don't buy 40K+ cars to begin with it doesn't make sense to buy a Tesla at all......granted the same people paying for 60K+ truck for 7 years with low MPGs blows my mind. However if someone already can afford and buying 40K cars the Tesla can't be beat and will give the greedy auto, oil industry and the middle east a$$holes the big fat middle fingers!!! And it's made in the US!!!

As much as I love my 80 I really don't want to support those who wish death up on us every second of the day.

Last edited:
It depends on how and what you compare to. A comparable car will run 40+k now days anyways and still have to pay gas. But, while gas is cheap now and days the same A$$holes who blew up world trade buildings are doing everything they can to raise it. For a lot of people who don't buy 40K+ cars to begin it doesn't make sense to buy a Tesla at all......granted the same people paying for 60K+ truck for 7 years with low MPGs blows my mind. However if someone already can afford and buying 40K cars the Tesla can't be beat and will give the greedy auto, oil and the middle east a$$holes the big fat middle fingers!!! And it's made in the US!!!

As much as I love my 80 I really don't want to support those who wish death up on us every second of the day.
Good points. I'm one of the people who won't spend anywhere near 40k for a vehicle. Been there, done that, didn't see the benefit.

View attachment 2086415

View attachment 2086417
I thought you were storing it in the old spares tire holder🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This weekend I finished up a 2 month 10,000 mile trip from Colorado to Alaska and back.

Rough summary: On the way up, went through Wyomining, Montana, Idaho, and Washington. Stopped for a few days to finish the northern 110 miles of the Pacific Crest Trail so I've now done the whole thing. Continued through BC eventually north on the Cassiar Highway then Alaska Highway to Anchorage. Did a lot of trail running in the connected road system and spent time in Cordova (without the Cruiser). Picked up my girlfriend before heading north to Fairbanks and then the Dalton Highway to Prudhoe Bay. Got snow in mid august in the Brooks Range. Swam in the Arctic Ocean. Drove back through Dawson City, then the Cassiar Highway again to Washington. More PCT stuff. Back through a different Washington/Idaho route to Wyoming for a Wind River backpacking trip. Then back home very late yesterday and back at work today!

The Cruiser did well. Some notes:
  • Got an oil change and tire rotation in Anchorage half way through. Driving back, there was basically no oil consumption until the last 1k or so driving back into the lower 48 (where it was generally a lot hotter driving conditions). Now the dip stick is half-way between L and F with almost exactly 5k miles on the oil and 213k on the engine. Pretty impressive I think.
  • Haven't run all the MPG numbers, but seems to be right on 13 average. Best and worst MPG were on the same section of I-80 in Wyoming. On the way up I had a horrible headwind. Literally fighting to maintain 50-55mph on the interstate and I had to stop early to get more gas. On the way back in the opposite direction I drafted a semi from a safe distance with a minor tailwind. And besides crossing eastern Washington on the way back, this was the only interstate I took.
  • Some sections gas was really expensive and man it was painful on my wallet. Lots of $4/gallon+ in northern Canda. $5/gallon+ on the Dalton Highway.
  • The Dalton Highway was a little rough. I broke 2 exhaust hangers (or maybe 1 was already broken but not noticed) so my exhaust tail end is held with some scavenged wire. It also seemed to have killed my 9011 low beam bulbs. Both burned out north of Fairbanks with about 15k miles on them. I had my old stock bulbs so I put those back in. But driving at night sucked after that. Also the road rattled one of my battery terminals just loose enough that the truck wouldn't start/no sign of life at the highest/most remote part of the road on Atigun Pass. This was quite alarming until I tightened the terminal!
It was a hell of a trip.

View attachment 2074643
Dude, that is a great shot... the colors blend... mist, dirt & snow, just a great pic

Good points. I'm one of the people who won't spend anywhere near 40k for a vehicle. Been there, done that, didn't see the benefit.

Yup, same here. My DD is 14 years old now and starting need more work thank I like to put in so very tempted at a used Tesla but it’s a bit steep still.

Back to tech: I gained a little rear ground clearance/exit angle by taking off the factory hitch. Need to order a pintle hitch and cut the Lexus plastic bumper so I can mount my bike rack.

Anyone near Sacramento need a trailer hitch? It’s free till the recycle man shows up.

Last edited:

I commute in a Model S (disclaimer I also work at Tesla.. lol) every day and it is the best car I've ever driven/not driven. I put the thing in Auto Pilot and chill for the next 50 miles in stop and go traffic. It is lovely never going to a gas station; I just plug in when I get home and wake up with a full charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom