What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (66 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Point noted, and I edited the image for the owners integrity. But do you blur out your license plate when you drive around town? :p :worms:

Yes but I use my arb bumper on all the paparazzi trying to take my pictures in the bushes. :steer::poof:

Discovered some drips. Anyone know where this could be leaking from and why? Nothing too major, perhaps a little case of 'OCD' to stop any leaks I can find. I thoroughly cleaned up the area so waiting to see which area develops the most grime and take it from there.

Nothing too drastic..

Try and clean it all off and then keep an eye on it..oil moves front to aft and top down. You might be surprised where it lead to. Check that it is oil (might be ATF (steering fluid) or coolant. Typical sources would be upper oil pan seal or worst case a rear main seal.

Last edited:
Discovered some drips. Anyone know where this could be leaking from and why? Nothing too major, perhaps a little case of 'OCD' to stop any leaks I can find. I thoroughly cleaned up the area so waiting to see which area develops the most grime and take it from there.

View attachment 1982856

View attachment 1982857

View attachment 1982859

Nothing too drastic..

View attachment 1982861

Usually it is the upper oil pan rear arch. Sometimes it is the rear main crankshaft seal.

Had nice weekend camping in the 80. It was about 150 miles each way and my 80 has been more of a local vehicle. Hit the mountains of north central PA with no trouble. Good oil pressure, water temp, and surprisingly 16 mpg. That's amazing considering I get about 11 mpg normally. I welded up a base for a sleeping platform last year and got it useable (ie: not finished) on Thursday. We packed up on Friday and hit the road. I also ordered a queen sized camping air mattress that is only 6" tall and has a cordless pump. It all worked out great, although I'll need to 'unstick' my rear sliders, figure out some screening for them and the sunroof (too many bug bites) and maybe some curtains. I also still need to paint the frame, carpet the plywood, add piano hinges, and weld up a mount to get rid of the ratchet in the under storage area. Here's some pics:
View attachment 1981445View attachment 1981446View attachment 1981447
For the screens just use flexible screen material and glue some strong magnets. Cut the screen to size and it works great! I'm in Orwigsburg, PA picking up some farm equipment as I write this. Some beautiful country here. Nice platform BTW.

Last edited:
For the screens just use flexible screen material and glue some strong magnets. Cut the screen to size and it works great! I'm in Orwigsburg, PA picking up some farm equipment as I write this. Some beautiful country here. Nice platform BTW.

That's a great idea! Thanks! I just put that on my long list of things to do. This weekend I'm going to be as little south of where you are were for a wedding in Lancaster.

Trimmed some of the center clock/vent bezel and installed a phone mount that had been sitting in the closet from a previous vehicle. Used some self tapping screws to mount my CB mic holder. Vent to the right of the speedo is fully unobstructed when bracketron phone holder is closed (for those really hot days) and is partially blocked when in use. CB mic chord isn’t dangling from mirror or in front of the radio. It’s slightly difficult to “reholster” the mic while the phone is in the holder until you get a feel for it. Wish I hadve done this sooner. I did manage to forget and plug the clock back up :-(

A10A072A-2278-464B-B587-1636DDC99B44.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Phone mount is in the perfect position to keep an eye on the road and on your maps while off-roading or during highway travel. I also use a GPS speedo app on the interstate since my speedo is off a little, and to keep my mind busy.

Last edited:
I talked with Magnuson Super Chargers at Overland Expo West and the rep told me they are going to do another production run (50) for the 95 and up 80 series.
So there is another option.
Wow, that is kinda big news!

Finally got around to taking care of the little things. OME steering dampner, front sway bar drop brackets from Metaltech, Spidertrax wheel spacers, missing interior pieces and last cleaning up the underside from the 26 years of grime.
IMG_2054.JPG

There's always the twincharger option for future release... :rofl:

But NOT ProCharger.......

I called them once to see if they would.........Yeah, no. If I paid THEM to do all the research and footed the entire bill, then, yes......

Sorry, but their "technology" is not a turbo. Not a fan, as in I don;t care for it, but it's not a fan either, but it's not a positive displacement, but it IS belt driven...........Oh, never mind......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom