What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (88 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went up into the Santa Cruz Mtns to get our tree!View attachment 1851708Plugging away at the t case regear. View attachment 1851706Also added some more Baja Designs lighting to the front. (Super impressed with their stuff) View attachment 1851703and gathering parts for a sweet Redarc Dual Battery setup to install on a customers 80.View attachment 1851705
man I love your truck looks perfect. also can you maybe make a video on the redarc install, plenty of us will need it.

man I love your truck looks perfect. also can you maybe make a video on the redarc install, plenty of us will need it.
Yeah gonna document it pretty well!

Reactions: RFB
Paranoid Works sent me theseView attachment 1851996 awesome hats. Can't wait to show em' off! Just gave her a wash after a muddy Socal week.

20181211_112418.jpg

Last edited:
I added an LX to the driveway. 97 with lockers, some exterior and interior goodies too. This is my first 80 series. Ive had an 85 Toyota pickup, few 4 runners over the years and my wife has an 07 GX.

I want to thank this site for helping me figure out what to look for and to better appreciate the "nuances" that make the 80 series special. Also, I want to thank @LouisianaRubicon . He helped answer all my random questions, personally inspected an 80 I was considering and went way above and beyond. Thanks again. As noted this post is useless without pictures. Got her last night, here are the am pics. @martinakl I hope you're not missing the LX too much.

View attachment 1849380

View attachment 1849381

View attachment 1849385

Nice! I'm happy you got it.

Looks like the Summit Tree Farm?
You got it! That’s the one we’ve always gone to. 4wd section filters out the crowds so we just hang out down there. I think I saw you on 17 a week or so ago. We gotta meet up one day!

@Shoredreamer is that a 10" Onx6? Thinking of getting one of those soonish.

You got it! That’s the one we’ve always gone to. 4wd section filters out the crowds so we just hang out down there. I think I saw you on 17 a week or so ago. We gotta meet up one day!

Nice! Our close friends own the big white house that you see when you're exiting, so I know that tree farm pretty well. Yeah, let's meet up soon, maybe a Hollister run since I have some new stuff to try out. Or a brewery run in Santa Cruz...

I live on Summit near Melody Ln. now, so I'll be heading into SC more often.

That’s a good look. Keep those caps on until spring for protection from that nasty salt spray. One less area for salt burns under there.

Not this weekend, but ya know.

This summer, three days out from a 3.5 week trip - this happened.

A couple months of searching for an engine, getting it running, etc. Only to find out it needed new crank bearings. Replaced those, 02 sensor, random hoses and air lines. But at the end of the day, I have a working Land Cruiser again and it feels f-ing great.

View attachment 1852883

IMG_20181212_155136.jpg

Did a lil this and a lil that. I love this forum. So much great info! I'm huge on research so you guys helped me a bunch!
2 weeks ago, bone stock to this. Exactly what I wanted it to look like. Might add a 1" spacer in front.

IMG_9685.JPG

IMG_9798.JPG

IMG_9862.JPG

IMG_9866.JPG

IMG_9872.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom