What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (73 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

33x10.5r15 - very first mod purely for fun.

33z.JPG

Finished installing new radiator, thermostat, water pump, and belts. Found that I have a leaky distributor o ring. I'll have to tackle that soon .But seems to be running much cooler so far. I'll find out when we go to big bend in a few weeks .

Not mine but I have spent the past weekend driving this 1HDT auto powered HDJ80 series. Its sad this awesome drivetrain is not easily available in the USA.

zgv6SuUxO0EGFrx9QaFG5O0eZLQsCnVA5qkChBVH_4SXpm0EprCQrQAeI8imvwxb6XC9XjY_ydJ8coP8A-nrGF5LNliVCAwVrV0ewk19qf8qonUBRpEouGvMxbhDuJ9LTqViIwVJCsDU41v3fnKcTNsLPz4dDF0T-0w-wZLCuXmBueymuFjjcIwviOg8ckRFcCkUlYh9ePZdpoW84g8eVq-WfS4nCwP_3QneuXGv0G7ZljBH_UY9blN_VG46emQurhLQTwvtK1Y9c8d0Ynx9umYGMdvj0mtlFGAeiUD_phmOwq2ABUNHn6iymbYYQi7GF9VaRMXrOru1HbOr0yb3FaqUndHjR0XXGNwMYpUbQgpAm6h-TeY0qttUH6PYAruQRDGTVPPhZwdiiI1T1jqkcUE_H7AMxXzT5veckKyF-4Sd5ogM5MDrqKLK6ujS3CflE0Pk11f-nJAzXQ452t3oEJPqGveNjlSpRLgXdj1uZ_lQTFTlZshp3lA9dGwDpw4dUiza0SUZpmKIDZra5gz-RsmGzTAxm0pNIa0yZY_NK6wx89ebAWbPAd_yLVH4_j_TFtHK7VTHWPfSSV5W0mzahttOEyHtpNgh1lIORdR_=w1337-h891-no

Saw it at the body shop in Montrose, cool truck. Great to see Maltec bringing in something legal that isn't a VIN-swap future tin can.

IMG_20180808_172806.jpg

Saw it at the body shop in Montrose, cool truck. Great to see Maltec bringing in something legal that isn't a VIN-swap future tin can.

View attachment 1765130

The dent was not mine:clap:
Maltec was going to sell it but after some driving decided its going to be a great parts runner and customer hauler. A joy on the highway.

The dent was not mine:clap:
Maltec was going to sell it but after some driving decided its going to be a great parts runner and customer hauler. A joy on the highway.

The LHD is certainly nice. My HDJ gets here in about a month, next time I'm at Yaeger's come take a look.

Yanked bumpers and louvers, drug them to the powdercoater for semi gloss black.

Got new factory plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Surprisingly easy.

Worked on a battery box that fit my desires. Stock box was damaged when i got it, i like that it seals off the engine heat, but at the same time doesn’t hold the battery very well.

This is a ruffstuff box, bolts into a bunch of stock holes, should work for me.

Flame away:

View attachment 1764711

View attachment 1764712

Looks like this mounted(no I don’t have the screws in the lid, however, its so damn snug i doubt it would need it in almost all driving conditions unless very serious wheeling or baja’n around), sending it to powdercoat on monday to make pretty. Guess i should yank my heimed steering as well to take there. Only makes sense.

Rebuilt my power steering pump this evening with a factory full(bearing) kit. Glad i ordered the bearing, old one was gritty feeling and seal behind it was pretty toast. Actually, all of my seals were toast, I don’t know how it didn’t leak more!!!!

F77958EE-F94E-4691-A897-EF39DE6CF196.jpeg

2,000 mile camping road trip to the white sands of Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. New Birfields, wipers, seals, and bearings in preparation for the trip. We were loaded heavy. Bikes, camp kitchen, tent, 2 ice chests - Poor original springs are ready for replacing when I get the lift purchased. Only trouble we had was a pesky EGR trouble code - ready for the delete, and air conditioner condensation drip on passenger front floorboard.

IMG_6748.jpg

2,000 mile camping road trip to the white sands of Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. New Birfields, wipers, seals, and bearings in preparation for the trip. We were loaded heavy. Bikes, camp kitchen, tent, 2 ice chests - Poor original springs are ready for replacing when I get the lift purchased. Only trouble we had was a pesky EGR trouble code - ready for the delete, and air conditioner condensation drip on passenger front floorboard.

View attachment 1765661

I hope you didn't forget anything! :D

Great to be alive is all I can say.

Went into North Portland over the weekend. We dropped-off some unwanted frame & fork sets with Portland’s Community Cycling Center-great organization and their used bike/parts inventory is insane.

...and for those otherwise completely unfamiliar with the Pacific North West; I lived among an estimated 12.o+ million people for much of life, worked at one of the nation’s largest dealers for a handful of those years but I swear I have never seen as many Land Cruisers roaming around as I have since I moved to Portland.

Many of the them are in extraordinary shape and enough to make one marvel. Love seeing them on the run or even parked. The young man that drove the white 6X series had an extraordinary example of an obviously much loved machine. Great stuff.

IMG_8251.JPG

IMG_8252.JPG

IMG_8261.JPG

IMG_8265.JPG

Got home yesterday from Solid Axle Summit in Ouray. Awesome time and awesome people.
20180808_144417.jpg

Lots of good pics on the last pages

Solid Axle Summit 2018

Topped off the charge on the LX’s AC system today. High/Low side before charge was ~ 150/15. It’s much happier now and vent temps at highway speeds dropped from 65F-ish down to 51F.

I am certainly not an AC expert, but the FSM has a pretty good diagnostic discussion and recharge instructions. Gauge set was the “free rental” from autozone so all it cost me was some time and a can of 134A.

B991E710-9B21-46A8-BCDA-8848D62C0B63.jpeg

3C3DFE1B-4FB1-4324-969D-DC766716B2B1.jpeg

Hand throttle w/coarse and fine adjustments :D

2EACB18D-5709-45EC-92A5-A646F970DD41.jpeg

A coworker is doing some fieldwork on one of our projects in Tambacounda, Senegal and sent me this from the job site this AM. Looks pretty comfortable to me :)

C77D203C-8768-4261-BFCE-66625B613C89.jpeg

Topped off the charge on the LX’s AC system today. High/Low side before charge was ~ 150/15. It’s much happier now and vent temps at highway speeds dropped from 65F-ish down to 51F.

I am certainly not an AC expert, but the FSM has a pretty good diagnostic discussion and recharge instructions. Gauge set was the “free rental” from autozone so all it cost me was some time and a can of 134A.

View attachment 1765830

View attachment 1765829

Hand throttle w/coarse and fine adjustments :D

View attachment 1765828

A coworker is doing some fieldwork on one of our projects in Tambacounda, Senegal and sent me this from the job site this AM. Looks pretty comfortable to me :)

View attachment 1765826

:rofl:
You should market that throttle set up!

I need to read up and learn the AC black art.

1 step forward and 2 steps back...was greasing up the driveshafts after my 7K mile road trip and noticed all the red dust caked to the underside of the truck. Red dust from Moab..:) was just lying under the truck dreaming a little about that then I noticed the busted bushing in the rear control arm. Then the 2nd busted bushing in the other RCA...:( the moab memories were to good to be disturbed..bushings can wait...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom