What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_20170325_100933_121.jpg
Found this sweet little spot in Moab. Had to pull in and grab a pic. Blended right in hahaha!

Finished my 2nd birf overhaul but this time added Aisin HD part time hubs, Trail Gear spindle lock nuts and the infamous 30lb spindle nut torque mod. Torqued all my steering arm studs to 60lbs (quite a few were loose) and swapped out a discolored wheel bearing. The result is such a noticeable difference over the slightly loose wheel bearing I had after the 393 trail shook my front end apart in December.

If you torqued your lower steering arm stud at 60lbs they are still loose:flipoff2:FSM wants to see 71lbs;)

Just finish to instal my new OEM roof console on my HDJ80. It need to make a new a complet wire and and to pass into the body.
I find all informations and roof console with IH8MUD so thank you for everything.

IMG_4428.JPG

I've resisted for years but my inner nerd has grown in strength and I picked up a new HAM radio. Kenwood TM-281. Don't judge me. :)
Now to find a place to mount it. Any ideas?
I battled placement of my 2800. The locations I thought of were behind the center console. To the side of the center console if I gave up the cup holder, or below the single din stereo.

That said opted to go to a 8800 with removable face and bolted in front of the shifters and left the head unit under the seat.

I'd vote rear hatch. I'd like to hear some feedback on the Diamond mounts or some others that would mount back there.

I mounted mine up front using the Gamiviti mount, and unfortunately do not like it. It flops around a lot on the trail. (Obviously this depends on your antenna too...) . However other members said they liked it!

Oh and the actual radio you are asking for... ah. Hmm. Does the face come off?

Slow going on knocking out projects with my recent training schedule, but put 9011 HIR's in all four holes a few weekends ago and changed F&R diff oil this weekend. Also put shinnie hex differential plugs in greatly improving gas mileage and acceleration. :)

IMG_1786.JPG

IMG_1787.JPG

I'd vote rear hatch. I'd like to hear some feedback on the Diamond mounts or some others that would mount back there.

I mounted mine up front using the Gamiviti mount, and unfortunately do not like it. It flops around a lot on the trail. (Obviously this depends on your antenna too...) . However other members said they liked it!

Oh and the actual radio you are asking for... ah. Hmm. Does the face come off?
No detachable face. That's the complication.

I've resisted for years but my inner nerd has grown in strength and I picked up a new HAM radio. Kenwood TM-281. Don't judge me. :)
Now to find a place to mount it. Any ideas?
I have the same radio. Good clear sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom