What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (68 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

These showed up today. Headed to get them installed! :clap:
tmp_4744-20170224_142834-970372334.jpg

I was doing that yesterday and the other pistons kept coming back out. I only had one c clamp though. Guess I needed two.
They way I've done it on other fixed calipers use with both old pads still in the caliper use a large screwdriver or prybar between the two pads to push back both pads together.

They way I've done it on other fixed calipers use with both old pads still in the caliper use a large screwdriver or prybar between the two pads to push back both pads together.
Same. I do it with them mounted still as well, as long as they're not floating calipers of course. Clamp off the hose (unless you've got SS lines) and crack the bleeder.

Gave her some love. One down, one to go...
Tractorcita.jpg

Finally got started on my solar/3rd battery/dcdc install, only to open a can of worms in the back of the car lol. Going to rewire everything and replace/upgrade the switches, outlets and fuse panel. eBay has copped a flogging lol. Hopefully it all shows up for next days off and I can get stuck into the twist and tape ;) 200w panel and 130ah AGM to start, can always add more storage if needed down the track
IMAG1496.jpg
IMAG1498.jpg
IMAG1497.jpg

I have been on the lookout for an inexpensive spare motor for my LX that I could rebuild at my leisure before eventually needing to swap it in.

Today I found it on CL...for only $700... attached to a '97 LX with lockers :D. It is an east coast truck so has some surface rust underneath, but it is completely stock, 242K, all the bits and pieces of interior trim are there, and it even comes with the original head unit, Lexus car phone, and Lexus first aid kit.

The guy said the engine had a knock and was asking $1K. His mechanic had gotten as far as removing the valve cover and the throttle body and called it quits. I saw the "project status", offered him $700, and he bit. Called AAA for a tow to my work and now I have a spare "one of everything" :). I am psyched!

Here she is !

View attachment 1402986

I hope you used vasoline on him! Lol

You are going to drive that Corolla for the next while, before realizing that you actually prefer it to the LC.

Your motor swap will suddenly take longer and longer to complete as you are subconsciously delaying it so you continue to have an "excuse" to be driving a sedan.

Instead of dreaming about wheeling, you are going to dream about finding good parking spots at Sears.

Instead of lifts, bigger tires or roof racks you can start online shopping for fancy hub caps, flowery steering wheel covers and those obnoxious turtle decals that people get after they went to Hawaii once.

The end is near.
Turtle decals??? Must be a mainland thing.

Turtle decals??? Must be a mainland thing.

Possibly, all i know is that i see 2 or 3 vehicles each day on the road that will have a little stylized sea turtle decal on a back window, often accompanied by the word Hawaii or another decal of the chain of islands. Figured it was a tourist thing or something. I could easily be wrong.

Wash, wax, clay bar, trim restorer, engine bay....lookin sharp! :cool:
2017-02-25 08.33.27.jpg

Just barehand it. Maybe use some gloves.
I'm a bit of a scrawny endurance athlete sort of fella. There is no chance I'm squeezing those back in with out tools of some sort. Either way I was just throwing some cheap pads in as a very temporary remedy for a bad brake situation. In the next month it's getting new and better pads again as well as rotors and likely the rebuilt calipers from Napa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom