What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No pic sorry but installed the carpet kit from Trail-Tailor, it went.......
All I can say is that I am damn glad I have installed an auto carpet before.

Started on the new radio install and have wires everywhere now. So pics next weekend.

IMG_3073.JPG
Installed the new/used Wilderness roof rack last Friday
IMG_3073.JPG

I think i tightened my pinion flange too tight. Dam toyota crush sleeves. On my behalf, The third member was from 1968. It has been through 4 trucks with 800,xxx kms on it.

DSC04554.JPG

DSC04555.JPG

Those wheels do look great. Center hub covers? Meh. They'll rust out pronto. At least, mine did here in rain country.

Your garage doesn't look big enough for the fleet, so who gets left out in the UV?
The '09 Prado always gets the driveway (unless their is a driveway photo op of course)! The 60 and 80 always get garage priority!

Since I had all the toys in the driveway, thought I would take a shot and share.

DSC04562.JPG

Diesel hoarder

Curious: Any idea how much that front bumper in the foreground 60 weighs?

It is made out of 3x6 rectangle tubing and probably weighs in at 100 pounds im guessing. I didn't make it. Came with the truck.

This weekend, I was in TX and the 60 stayed home. Today we took it on a recon trip. Destination was Black Mountain which straddles the Park and Fremont county line, southwest of Guffey CO.

Black Mtn is 11,649 ft and really stands out from the terrain. Black Mtn and the neighboring Waugh Mtn were the territory of "Old Mose" the legendary killer of hundreds of cattle and a half dozen men. Old Mose was claimed to be the last grizzly bear in CO. He was killed on Black Mtn in 1904.

Old Mose, king of the grizzlies, by James E. Perkins – Colorado Central Magazine

I like this terrain; hilly grassland with scattered timber covered peaks. The 360° views from this location are outstanding

Black Mtn (looking north)
004_1.jpg

Pikes Peak (looking east)
001_1.jpg

Waugh Mtn (looking south)
002_1.jpg

Mount Ouray (looking west)
003.jpg

Not the weekend yet, but just finished painting the '89 FJ62 rear differential that's going in my '86 FJ60 project vehicle. Still prepping the backing plates, and have to do one last pass on the housing to get rid of the flash rust before painting it. Waiting in the wings are the new OEM cover plate and differential gaskets, new OEM drain and fill plug gaskets, new OEM wheel cylinders and brake shoes, and Marlin Crawler heavy duty axle seals.

Rear-Diff-Painting-1.jpg

Rear-Diff-Painting-2.jpg

Rear-Diff-Painting-3.jpg

Rear-Diff-Painting-4.jpg

I've had good luck with VHT Roll Bar and Chassis Paint in black semi-gloss, so I thought I'd try it out on the axle housing and components.

Installed some much needed electronic upgrades, and from the mid week, a front bumper and winch.

Power port install 001.JPG

Power port install 002.JPG

FJ60 Bumper 001.JPG

FJ60 Bumper 004.JPG

FJ60 Bumper 005.JPG

This weekend, I was in TX and the 60 stayed home. Today we took it on a recon trip. Destination was Black Mountain which straddles the Park and Fremont county line, southwest of Guffey CO.

Black Mtn is 11,649 ft and really stands out from the terrain. Black Mtn and the neighboring Waugh Mtn were the territory of "Old Mose" the legendary killer of hundreds of cattle and a half dozen men. Old Mose was claimed to be the last grizzly bear in CO. He was killed on Black Mtn in 1904.

Old Mose, king of the grizzlies, by James E. Perkins – Colorado Central Magazine

I like this terrain; hilly grassland with scattered timber covered peaks. The 360° views from this location are outstanding

Black Mtn (looking north)
004_1.jpg

Pikes Peak (looking east)
001_1.jpg

Waugh Mtn (looking south)
002_1.jpg

Mount Ouray (looking west)
003.jpg
Your last photo captured the Devil's Armchair on the east face of Mt. Ouray nicely (smack dab in the middle of the photo). That's beautiful country up there. My wife and I like to camp and mountain bike just off of CO 9, not too far north of Black Mountain. And the views from the summit of Black Mountain are incredible. You can see 25 of the Colorado 14'ers from the summit, and several more are barely hidden by closer peaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom