What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, between Wednesday and today...

Installed a new Denso AC compressor, since the one that came bolted onto the Vortec died en route back to Virginia last fall. Actually a pretty easy swap in the FJ body. While I was getting the system vacuumed and recharged, I pulled the steering wheel and replaced the horn pin. There have been plenty of these pics, but it still cracks me up:

IMG_7348.jpg

Hit the road Saturday for Shenandoah National Park to shake down the new home-built cargo box. Couldn't be happier with how it came out:

IMG_7391.jpg
IMG_7390.jpg

Got in a little hike to Lewis Springs Falls while we were at it:

IMG_7386.jpg

Finally, I installed the very badass headlight harness I got from @slcfj62. If you have been pondering this, stop pondering and just do it. Immediate impact with this upgrade. I paired it with Hella H1/H4 halogens and I'm glad I did.

I hope everyone else had a great week/weekend!

Got new BFG 33x10.5x15's put on my newly acquired OEM chrome wheels. Huge thanks goes out to @Dozer18 for sweet deal on his chrome wheels, they look great!
IMG_5657.JPG

Before:
IMG_5661.JPG

After:
IMG_5675.JPG

Now just have to rehab the center hub covers to finish them off.

Drove it 650 miles, wheeled it, broke it, fixed it, flopped it, and drove it 650 miles home from my first GSMTR as a driver. What an absolute blast.

Not too upset about the body damage... of all goes according to plan some serious rust repair and resto work may be happening soon.

IMG_7410.JPG

IMG_7507.JPG

IMG_7501.JPG

IMG_7518.JPG

IMG_7491.JPG

@bluehawk smashed some tailights together

IMG_7477.JPG

and @orion and I and some other guys did a night run. Tag yourselfs if you were there I know a bunch of you guys are on here I'm not remembering everyone's screen names though.

IMG_7432.JPG

View attachment 1463638 View attachment 1463639 View attachment 1463640
So fj62 intermediate pipes are akin to 1 3/4" OD. Walker cali cats are 2 1/4" ID... those reducers were 10 days away... so I made some... the walker oem muffler is 2 1/4" ID inlet; the pipe is about 2 1/8" OD, or right on 2" ID, so a 2 1/4"OD-2"ID reducer works fine there. The muffler outlet is 2" Id, so is the oem pipe. So a 2"ID- 2 1/4"OD(which is about 2 1/8"ID=OD of oem pipe) works here as well... I have one more cut to make and won't know what it is till tomorrow, but I do know which pope it will be. Kiss my legal ass, CARB...

I have the same muffler in a box in the back of the cruiser that I got from rockauto! I'm hoping it quiets down the current jegs muffler that's on there now. I don't recall if I have cats anymore but I can probably pick up a cheap magnaflow cat from any muffler shop, or get another resonator welded in.

If you get it buttoned up this week, please let me know how the walker worked out

Drove around a bunch in Ojai. Then woke up for super car Sunday and she wouldn't hold idle at all. 8hrs later, it went away and idles fine again. Fuel cut solenoid clicks and even grounding it on carb body didn't fix it...reflowed a couple joints on emissions computer and will see what it does tomorrow am.

IMG_0420.JPG

I have the same muffler in a box in the back of the cruiser that I got from rockauto! I'm hoping it quiets down the current jegs muffler that's on there now. I don't recall if I have cats anymore but I can probably pick up a cheap magnaflow cat from any muffler shop, or get another resonator welded in.

If you get it buttoned up this week, please let me know how the walker worked out

aside from some additional resonance from the extra exhaust hangers I put in, it is QUIET as the name proclaims. I notice almost NO difference other than the lack of 12 pounds of 30 years of exhaust stuck in the old muffler...my old muffler was prolly jammed up; I do notice the slightest change in idle quality- for the better...

next on the docket is the newly refurbbed injectors from witchhunter, new filter, FPR and damper and then smog...

aside from some additional resonance from the extra exhaust hangers I put in, it is QUIET as the name proclaims. I notice almost NO difference other than the lack of 12 pounds of 30 years of exhaust stuck in the old muffler...my old muffler was prolly jammed up; I do notice the slightest change in idle quality- for the better...

next on the docket is the newly refurbbed injectors from witchhunter, new filter, FPR and damper and then smog...

Well hot damn, once I get the electrical/battery issue sorted, I'm throwing that joker on with a new cat

We went over to the main land to go to wedding and to visit my brother n family. We had a blast and set up camp at "The Lund gazebo". There was a bunch of fire wood stacked by the fire, out houses and running water. We planned to eat the beautiful prawns I had brought over for the bbq but I forgot about them. I had a cast iron frying pan, so I just dumped them in there on the fire and poured half a beer on the m to cook em up. F-ing delishous. Our before bed snack.

Lund is a small fishing town at the very end of hwy 101. I grew up there so everywhere I went I was blasted by the past. I didn't drive that far, more like a hop skip and a ferry.

DSC04545.JPG

DSC04547.JPG

DSC04548.JPG

@bluehawk smashed some tailights together

View attachment 1464374

and @orion and I and some other guys did a night run. Tag yourselfs if you were there I know a bunch of you guys are on here I'm not remembering everyone's screen names though.

View attachment 1464376

Time for some after market axle shafts. When I snapped my 7th birf, I knew what was coming for christmas. Cruisermatt, nice to see some body damage. Time for a spring over yet? Looks like yer trying to keep up with the big boys.

Drove it 650 miles, wheeled it, broke it, fixed it, flopped it, and drove it 650 miles home from my first GSMTR as a driver. What an absolute blast.

Not too upset about the body damage... of all goes according to plan some serious rust repair and resto work may be happening soon.]

What rust? Nice to see your prayer rug being put to good use. :D

Got new BFG 33x10.5x15's put on my newly acquired OEM chrome wheels. Huge thanks goes out to @Dozer18 for sweet deal on his chrome wheels, they look great!

Now just have to rehab the center hub covers to finish them off.

Those wheels do look great. Center hub covers? Meh. They'll rust out pronto. At least, mine did here in rain country.

Your garage doesn't look big enough for the fleet, so who gets left out in the UV?

Drove around a bunch in Ojai. Then woke up for super car Sunday and she wouldn't hold idle at all. 8hrs later, it went away and idles fine again. Fuel cut solenoid clicks and even grounding it on carb body didn't fix it...reflowed a couple joints on emissions computer and will see what it does tomorrow am.

View attachment 1464486

Love the pic. Always so peaceful to go up top and just enjoy the scenery!!!

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom