What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (30 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Greg. Yes. It was me. The Crockpot is rattle can Rustoleum Flat Khaki.

IMG_1194.JPG

I knocked out a 160 mile trip in mine after mounting my ko2's. The OME CS005R A/B are working awesome in the back and super comfy with the Bilstein shocks. The truck doesn't run like it has 286,000 miles at all.

I'm very happy with the truck as it is and it rewarded me with 13.5mpg and I even got to treat it with ethanol free 87.

IMG_3584.JPG

Getting ready for the road again, I don't insure the H60 over winter. After a super snowy winter and lots of salt on the roads I am glad I did. Anyway, went to put my spare on and forgot I had started a project last fall to repair my spare tire cross brace and so i finished that so I could put the spare back on. I ground out the rust and made templates for the welder to cut out steel and weld patches onto the cross plate. Once that is done, then it is POR and reinstall with new bolts. I did remove the chain lifting gear and soak it in kerosene, it cleaned up nicely. Always amazed at how few bolts strip after 30 years, the 4 bolts came out after a long soak in ATF and Acetone. Bought new bolts and hope to have it all back together by next week.

Cleaned the front brakes up.. With all the dirt from snow, rain, and then trail run a couple weekends ago I figured they could use it. Still have a little more than 3mm on the front pads, all even wear, so they should last a bit longer. Rears were a little more than 4mm left on the shoes but think that the drums are now to the point where they should be replaced. Something that will probably happen sooner than later but going to need to be done regardless.

Have made the decision, finally, to paint BeBe after I finish the body work and get my other door. Found a color that I really like from Rustoleum, Deep Slate, which at this point only comes in rattle cans. I may do a rattle can paint job like @roadstr6 did with his 40 (at least I think that is who it was). Anyways... piktors!!

Untitled by Greg Fisicaro, on Flickr
Untitled by Greg Fisicaro, on Flickr

Realized that the overcast doesnt really do the color justice... Gonna have to sanding down the spare passenger door and then spray.

I just picked up a few cans of this same color. I was going to try it out on my hood, I'm tired of looking at the peeling clear coat! I might go back and look for a tan though.

I'm going to take it back to the shop this week and have them re-balance them. What do you mean put tears up front?

I've got the same wobble around 34-45mph with these tires. By the amount of wheel weights they used, I'm guessing this tire/rim combo was difficult to balance out? I'll be curious to see if they can fix it for you. I may take mine in as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom