What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've got the same wobble around 34-45mph with these tires. By the amount of wheel weights they used, I'm guessing this tire/rim combo was difficult to balance out? I'll be curious to see if they can fix it for you. I may take mine in as well.

I'll let you know. I forgot - where did you go to have yours mounted?

I've got the same wobble around 34-45mph with these tires. By the amount of wheel weights they used, I'm guessing this tire/rim combo was difficult to balance out? I'll be curious to see if they can fix it for you. I may take mine in as well.

Agreed, I have weights on both sides of the rim, but even at 70 she's smooth. Having new tie rods and steering dampener definitely helped too. Maybe jack the truck up and make sure everything is tight? No tie rod/drag link play. I can't say it would be amplified by the tire change, but never hurts to check before going back.

Agreed, I have weights on both sides of the rim, but even at 70 she's smooth. Having new tie rods and steering dampener definitely helped too. Maybe jack the truck up and make sure everything is tight? No tie rod/drag link play. I can't say it would be amplified by the tire change, but never hurts to check before going back.

Definitely gotta go back and recheck these areas. I've rebuilt almost everything in the front end, so I could have mis-torqued something along the way.

Definitely gotta go back and recheck these areas. I've rebuilt almost everything in the front end, so I could have mis-torqued something along the way.

Any spacers? Literally need to go through it all. In my car tuner days in high school, a PO put non hubcentric spacers on the front and the car had a horrible vibration...pulled off and voila, problem solved. That was a VW though, it used lug bolts, not studs.

Any spacers? Literally need to go through it all. In my car tuner days in high school, a PO put non hubcentric spacers on the front and the car had a horrible vibration...pulled off and voila, problem solved. That was a VW though, it used lug bolts, not studs.

No spacers in my setup. I remember those VW lug bolts. They make it easy to replace or re-cut the threads. Germans.

Aubs.jpg

Took the granddaughter fishing...GREAT TIMES

Thanks, I'm running OME Heavy on 35's

Started prep for my en-route 4+ rear bumper install: removed rear bumper (carriage bolts all seized except one, so I chiseled and knocked out the stay rivets to remove). Got 12 more rivets to remove and the center channel bar, plus PO's Reese hitch the idiot WELDED onto the frame rails. I think I am going to take it to a pro and have it torched off. After beating myself up getting the bumper off, grinding and air-hammering the rivets, I will have him remove the remaining rivets I need out to install the new bumper.

Also successfully installed rear shoulder belt c-pillar nuts (my "87 had holes but no weld nuts) and started installing my new seatbeltplanet.com rear shoulder belt kit. I posted a thread on how I did it, that may help others do the same.

Removed the rear cross member 'cause I'm picking up our new Trail Tailor bumper this week.:clap:

Also finished the install on The Rigid D2 driving lights. More info in the lighting forum.
DSCF1420.JPG
DSCF1421.JPG

Took a quick trip to check out a local trail. That being BLM 6100 off Temple Canyon Road. It is about a 5 mile in and back with some side trails. A short hike will take you to the south rim of Royal Gorge or the summit of YMCA Mtn.

It is a two track, mostly easy with some steep rocky sections thru Pinyon/Juniper woodland with some large open meadows. From the ruts the trail thru the meadows gets very muddy.

In the wooded areas it is tight. I picked up a lot of new pinyon pinstripes. Also found out the roof rack is dual purpose - it acts as a tree trimmer and collects the firewood.......real handy.

Nice primitive camp site with a good view of Pikes Peak at N 38 25.7509 W 105 17.7917

Took a quick trip to check out a local trail. That being BLM 6100 off Temple Canyon Road. It is about a 5 mile in and back with some side trails. A short hike will take you to the south rim of Royal Gorge or the summit of YMCA Mtn.

It is a two track, mostly easy with some steep rocky sections thru Pinyon/Juniper woodland with some large open meadows. From the ruts the trail thru the meadows gets very muddy.

In the wooded areas it is tight. I picked up a lot of new pinyon pinstripes. Also found out the roof rack is dual purpose - it acts as a tree trimmer and collects the firewood.......real handy.

Nice primitive camp site with a good view of Pikes Peak at N 38 25.7509 W 105 17.7917

Is that the rd you get to by going south of Centennial Park? I grew up in Canon till high school and moved to Westcliffe.

Is that the rd you get to by going south of Centennial Park? I grew up in Canon till high school and moved to Westcliffe.

Good memory.

The east end Temple Canyon Road is off 1st St in Canon City near Centennial Park. On the west side Temple Canyon Rd dead ends at Copper Gulch Rd. Copper Gulch Rd leads to CO Hwy 69 just north of Westcliffe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom