What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Its going to spin until the system takes over, you have to let it do the work. Also, its not hard to use, you just can't drive it the same as your 80. Its as simple as keeping steady throttle pressure and pointing the tires where you want to go. A couple of things appear to be going on here. You either haven't educated yourself on how the system works, your on bald or fully inflated tires. Or, the trails you are running are drastically underrated. A fifth option is maybe the wheel speed sensors are having an issue and the system is not engaging, but I would think you would see a trouble light.

The picture of your truck looks like your running KO2's with plenty of tread left so that shouldn't be the problem. I don't see any bulge in the sidewall so maybe you didn't air down ?

Yeah, I didn't air down. I was at 35 psi all around. Tires at over 8/32 thread left BFG KOs.

The ATRAC system doesn't seem to take over. Tires spin endlessly especially when your momentum stops. I have to reverse and find another line. I've let it spin for about 3 seconds and stop.

You are also right that I'm not super educated on ATRAC. I'm trying it out and learning. i did make it to the top of Tip Top Mountain and that was great.

Also, I was with a stock 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon that had rear lockers and a 1995 Discovery that was triple locked. I guess nobody aired down. Maybe I should have aired down

I say read up on the ATRAC, air down those tires to about 12psi, then give it another go. Have patience, my buddy who drove jeeps his whole life was really annoyed with the system until he got good at anticipating it. Our last two trips out I could literally watch his improvement.

Wheeling at street pressure = first non-starter. Period. Do not pass go :p

Threw my portabote on the roof rack and hit a couple lakes up north. Our oldest caught her first fish today (3" blue gill) and my wife got some really good pics of a bald eagle we were watching for a while. Great weekend; hoping others also had a good 3-day'er.

Not today, but did some off-roading and target shooting yesterday. Took Coxey Rd from Big Bear Lake to Grapevine Canyon coming out of Lucerne Valley. Except for some sandy washes, it was a nice, easy trail and even the 2WD Taco had no issues.

Here is a pic that my friend in the TE 4R took:
IMG_1346.jpg

So I finally got the bumper mounted yesterday. Didn't take enough pics, but I did run an air hose into the driver side "step". Haven't had a chance connect it all up, but it's installed and feels incredibly solid. Unfortunately I had to remove the GOBI ladder to fit the swing arm for anyone wondering.

Now I just need to figure out how to get my exhaust tucked up higher- it looks so weird hanging that low now. Any suggestions?

IMG_0066.JPG
IMG_0068.JPG

Last edited:
So I finally got the bumper mounted yesterday. Didn't take enough pics, but I did run an air hose into the driver side "step". Haven't had a chance connect it all up, but it's installed and feels incredibly solid. Unfortunately I had to remove the GOBI rack to fit the swing arm for anyone wondering.

Now I just need to figure out how to get my exhaust tucked up higher- it looks so weird hanging that low now. Any suggestions?

You could take off the resonator and put a 90 degree bend in its place to have it exit high just behind the rear passenger tire.

Also, let me know if you want to sell your Gobi rack if someone on GXOR hasn't pounced on it already.

You could take off the resonator and put a 90 degree bend in its place to have it exit high just behind the rear passenger tire.

Also, let me know if you want to sell your Gobi rack if someone on GXOR hasn't pounced on it already.
I'm sorry I wrote rack but meant ladder. I've edited my original post. Sorry!

Got a call today that my New Dash has come in. gets replaced on monday. only waited like 4 weeks total for it

Just pulled the trigger on brand new open box SPC Upper Control Arms on eBay for $405.

Lift components are coming along!

* MT Spring Perch - Check
* Toyota upper Spring cone - Check
* 2" Radflow Rear springs from fellow GX member upgrading to heavy ones - Check
SPC Upper Control Arms - In the mail
* Firestone air bags for future towing - Coming Soon
* 2" Coilovers & Rear Shocks - Coming Soon

Last edited:
Airbag delete today. Used the MT kit with the FJC springs. I have a RTT and barely clear the carport. Would go foam cell pro all around but then the RTT won't clear. Rides pretty good on the road but not so good over speed bumps. Will some quality stock height shocks improve that? If so, which should I go with? Thanks!

So I finally got the bumper mounted yesterday. Didn't take enough pics, but I did run an air hose into the driver side "step". Haven't had a chance connect it all up, but it's installed and feels incredibly solid. Unfortunately I had to remove the GOBI ladder to fit the swing arm for anyone wondering.

View attachment 1473106 View attachment 1473107

Just drop it off any decent ledge and let mother nature tuck it for you.

Wired up the charging ports and plumbed the air compressor into the step of the new steel bumper. Finished wiring up some rear seat charging, and one step closer to getting the air compressor finally working.

IMG_0088.JPG
IMG_0089.JPG
IMG_0090.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom