What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed my custom roof rack from Insain Fab in CO. Then mounted a 8ft Thule box and 17' canoe on it.

20170619_203746.jpg

20170619_203833.jpg

20170616_122733.jpg

What's the cost in that rack? Their website leaves a lot to be desired. Very little info.

Yeah, he is just a one man operation and custom fab shop. I heard about him through the GXOR group on FB. Just email him for prices. I can get good deals on 80/20 tubing through work, so I ordered just the rails and fairing.

I knew the Airstream's have a cult following, and was curious as to what they were building today. HOLY JUMPING BABY JESUS are they some spendy units. They are very very nice, and I am jealous of the 13mpg towing it though. We just bought a Rockford Roo 19 which is a little bit larger and tandem axle, and I will NEVER see 13mpg w/ that big sale behind me. Thinking about mounting a roof top fairing to combat that issue.

Right? My father-in-law gets 10 in his duramax pulling a slightly larger, albeit boxier, travel trailer.

That isn't bad at all. I get 14.5 with no trailer and only lift with 265/70's although I do have a frontrunner rack filled with goodies.

I knew the Airstream's have a cult following, and was curious as to what they were building today. HOLY JUMPING BABY JESUS are they some spendy units. They are very very nice, and I am jealous of the 13mpg towing it though. We just bought a Rockford Roo 19 which is a little bit larger and tandem axle, and I will NEVER see 13mpg w/ that big sale behind me. Thinking about mounting a roof top fairing to combat that issue.
Yeah. The aerodynamics affect it a lot. Our trailer has a 3" lift as well. I wonder what mpg it would pull with no lift on either.

I don't have any great inside pics but here's the webpage: Sport 2018 Overview | Airstream

Looks like about 3500lbs base weight. So with all gear I imagine you are over 4k maybe even pushing closer to 5 than 4. What kind of hitch are you using ? Sorry for all of the questions, just doing some daydreaming of whet we could do with our GX.

Looks like about 3500lbs base weight. So with all gear I imagine you are over 4k maybe even pushing closer to 5 than 4. What kind of hitch are you using ? Sorry for all of the questions, just doing some daydreaming of whet we could do with our GX.
Nah, we kept it under 4,300 loaded and didn't carry much water when going long distances. We used an Eaz-lift weight distributing hitch. I'm not sure how it would work with the stock airbags because I'm on OME coils in the rear. It handles great and if you don't look at the MPG, you almost forget the trailer is there.

well not really today, but today & tomorrow = timing belt, water pump, and other stuff that goes with this, plus a 250Amp alternator, new positive and neg cables added (0 &1/2 gauge welding cable), fixed a leaking axle boot and new radiator (found small leaks in the old one)

Question on your axle boot fix...
Was it just a weep from between the axle and boot, or a split boot?

I removed the CD changer to make room for a HAM, and installed an antenna.View attachment 1478068 View attachment 1478069

Since you've just had your CD/DVD changer out, are there any video OUT ports (HDMI, S-Video, RCA, etc.) on the back of that unit? I'm wondering if there's anything to tap into to add a second screen for the rear passengers, a way to hack-in and recreate the DVD entertainment option which I do not have....

I haven't begun searching or following up on the thought, I'd assume there may be info out there, but I'm curious if one can hack a tablet or aux screen for rear passenger viewing without the full entertainment package and factory flip-down screen. . . .
emoji_u1f914.png

Question on your axle boot fix...
Was it just a weep from between the axle and boot, or a split boot?
just seeping out from between the boot and axle, added a new clamp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom