What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Its all good.

Ring gear. Sending it to Proffitts and getting a nitro 9.5 and housing installed. Flying home Sunday.

Anyone had the fender randomly separate from the bumper? I am thinking a clip shook off somehow. If it's a clip, anyone happen to know the type? If not, any ideas how this would happen?
DSC_0677.JPG
DSC_0676.JPG

I did this to the 120 today. My fault, but I guess now I have a really good excuse to go from the Hitchgate to the Metal Tech Pegasus. Maybe they can bring one to me in OXW? Have to check.

IMG_1690.JPG

I finished the dual battery install last night. Used the T-Max dual battery kit on Amazon as it had good reviews and only cost $120. I was pleasantly surprised to find the kit had all the wiring and connectors I needed. It included enough 4 AWG wire to run between the batteries and solenoid, and the battery monitor is more than sufficient.

Decided to mount the solenoid on the back side of the bracket used to support the plastic engine bay cover and ran the monitor through the firewall, across the driver footwell and mounted right below the ashtray. Out of the way in an unused spot and easy to read when needed. Still need to move the led and light bar wiring to the aux battery, but more importantly the fridge wiring is on the aux battery ready for next weekend at OXW.

IMG_1694.JPG

IMG_1696.JPG

IMG_1693.JPG

IMG_1704.JPG

IMG_1707.JPG

head up heard the solenoid is not that great you might want to upgrade it

I finished the dual battery install last night. Used the T-Max dual battery kit on Amazon as it had good reviews and only cost $120. I was pleasantly surprised to find the kit had all the wiring and connectors I needed. It included enough 4 AWG wire to run between the batteries and solenoid, and the battery monitor is more than sufficient.

Decided to mount the solenoid on the back side of the bracket used to support the plastic engine bay cover and ran the monitor through the firewall, across the driver footwell and mounted right below the ashtray. Out of the way in an unused spot and easy to read when needed. Still need to move the led and light bar wiring to the aux battery, but more importantly the fridge wiring is on the aux battery ready for next weekend at OXW.

The LEDs are OPT7 from Amazon.com: OPT7 Nova Plasma DRL Light Bars - (550 Lumens) 17cm COB Daytime Running Light White: Automotive
literally just snip off the middle wire underneath, splice them on (+ and -) and tape them up (I fed mine into the frame and zipped tied) then clean the frame and stick em on. They will turn on when you open the door. There is a hack to add a switch to turn them on for rock lights but I didnt do that.
Hey dan, where can I find info on putting a switch on the running board lights? I searched a few websites but didnt come up with anything.

I drove across the country to go to cruise Moab. Arriving today! Woohoo!
I'd've tracked you (all) down... if I were more on the ball ;)

Sick wife otherwise I'd've ducked out for vendor night. :-(

Last edited:
Replaced CVs, tie rod ends, and engine splash shields. Surprisingly easy job, except for finding the tie rod ends. I wasn't planning on changing them but once I got a better look, it was clearly necessary. Driving from my friend's house in BFE to an O'Reillys that actually had them in stock turned a 2hr job into 5hrs.

IMG_1969.JPG
IMG_1962.JPG
Installed CBI fab ditch light brackets and a pair of Rigid Duallys in the Flood variety.

Any wind noise going down the road

Any wind noise going down the road

I haven't driven it yet. I'll let you know. I hope not or the wife won't be pleased. I had to ditch my Yakima rack because of noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom