What did you do to your pig today? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the pilots' side of the rocker panel repair installed.
MAN DO I HATE BODY WORK!
It's about 2" higher than stock and about 3 times thicker and wider.
It has an integral slider bar which should also serve as a door ding protector.
The floor pan is protected on the bottom with stainless steel 0.060" plate.
New (4Runner) body mounts and 1/2" hardware is installed.
My original plan to use pieces from an 80 series rocker did not pan out.
Since I am poor, and I think I'm clever, I use materials that I have around the house.
I used some industrial shelving horizontal steel beams for the rockers and some 2" pipe for the sliders.
Welded together full length they are so strong I can stick a hi-lift jack under the slider anywhere and lift the side of the vehicle up with it.
Don't recommend tho, due to the stress on the body mounts.
Working on sealing up the underside today.

View attachment 3184990

View attachment 3184992

View attachment 3184994
What year is your Pig?

New rearview mirrors are on. And they were on sale. These are awesome repros. 'Course, what i had was pretty well beat, but these are swell.

20221216_141638.jpg

20221216_144714.jpg

20221216_141143.jpg

20221216_143636.jpg

Say what you want, you can't beat these for the price, perfect replacement.

I may have to get a set of those as my originals rattle and drive me crazy. Haven't figured out how to 'tighten' the glass in the housing without breaking the glass.

I may have to get a set of those as my originals rattle and drive me crazy. Haven't figured out how to 'tighten' the glass in the housing without breaking the glass.
I had this issue when I first got my truck and it drove me nuts. Not sure if your rattle is the exact same as I had but I took some heat shrink tubing for wiring and split the tube down the center with a razor blade. I then wedged it in between the glass and the frame in a sliding, pulling, kind of wedging motion, trying to get as much of the material in there as I could. Once in, I took the same blade and trimmed the stuff you could see. I did this in a few spots around the rim. Problem solved and you'd never know it's there. It's been 2 years, no rattle. Cheap fix.

Also recently solved my super annoying transfer case shift lever rattle with some creative zip tie use. Basically ran a few through the hoop on the bottom of shift lever that rides on the bar to the TC. Instead of two pieces of metal rattling against each other constantly, they are tight to the zip tie, but has enough room to slide. The feel in the cab on the shift lever is better than ever. tight, sticks in place better, but slides smoothly too. Another WT fix that solved my biggest annoyance with my truck!

I had this issue when I first got my truck and it drove me nuts. Not sure if your rattle is the exact same as I had but I took some heat shrink tubing for wiring and split the tube down the center with a razor blade. I then wedged it in between the glass and the frame in a sliding, pulling, kind of wedging motion, trying to get as much of the material in there as I could. Once in, I took the same blade and trimmed the stuff you could see. I did this in a few spots around the rim. Problem solved and you'd never know it's there. It's been 2 years, no rattle. Cheap fix.

Also recently solved my super annoying transfer case shift lever rattle with some creative zip tie use. Basically ran a few through the hoop on the bottom of shift lever that rides on the bar to the TC. Instead of two pieces of metal rattling against each other constantly, they are tight to the zip tie, but has enough room to slide. The feel in the cab on the shift lever is better than ever. tight, sticks in place better, but slides smoothly too. Another WT fix that solved my biggest annoyance with my truck!
I found that serving in the Field Artillery for 3 years and then in Armor for 10 years fixed most annoying rattles. Also works on crying babies.

New rearview mirrors are on. And they were on sale. These are awesome repros. 'Course, what i had was pretty well beat, but these are sweet
Pighead lets see your heater set up ?

Added to my FJ55 Collection.
2009-2013 Competion Truck in Australia. 'ACID'

V8.
FJ55.
80 Chassis.
GU Patrol Diffs.
Full Hydro Steering.
ARB Air Leakers F&R.
Just need some 37" tyres.

Screenshot_20221207_201810_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20221209_181303_Samsung Internet.jpg