What did you do to your pig today? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More pics

IMG_0134.JPG

IMG_0161.JPG

IMG_0172.JPG

Not a basic task by any means. It's fun putting a straight six together and like you it's been many years for me. So, this means you're on for the Pig party.

Last edited:
you drilled and tapped the oil galley plug, right?

Sad to say but I don't think the machine shop did that:(
What will I expect???

There is a pig and a Ferrari in the same shop and you guys are worried about a oil plug... and a Porsche and a Lotus and a Jag! Pretty sure Gordobe just increased the value of pigs. Its like when the crappy house in the neighborhood gets remodeled and it raises the price of all the other houses in the neighborhood.

Bob, its a 6 same size as pigs

Looks like another jag and the back end of a Mercedes

Three pics back is a silver 59 Jag 120 that I did a frame off resto for the shop owner. The white car is a Benz 180 or 190 something like that. The car behind the pig in the last pick Is an aluminum body DB5 Austin Martin.

Very lucky to be allowed to have my pig reside there for the operation. Place is spotless, floors polished once a week. Separate dirty room for parts cleaning. 3 pro engine builders watching my back reminding me not to fill the crank case with brake fluid and keep the coolant out of the wiper fluid bottle.

Finally getting around to the install of Bob M's rockers and cleaning up some rusty irritations, including a lower patch on the right front fender. Helped take things apart at the body shop this afternoon and the harder work will start tomorrow (after my guy finishes pulls the masking from the 21-window VW bus he's finishing up.)
Rockers and patch are pretty straightforward. We'll also be pulling apart the front fenders and aprons to deal with some irritating surface rust that's appeared along the sealant between the two. They've not been apart previously. There's no indication of rust-through on the backside so moisture has somehow worked it's way behind the sealant. Pics are attached.
Anyone else run into this? We plan on drilling out the factory spot welds and splitting the two panels to make certain we get all rust taken care of.
Suggestions as to treatment or how best to seal between the apron and the fender?

refresh 1 2017.JPG
refresh 2 2017.JPG
refresh 3 2017.JPG
refresh 4 2017.JPG
refresh 5 2017.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom