What did you do to your pig today? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will he find an old FJ25 next?!?

I'm not one to talk because I recently entered the world of FJ45LV. Yep, cruiser fever is a serious addiction. I'm not married so I can't say "it's my wife's", but I do have a dog so he gets one of my cruisers.

@abqcruiser - BTW - where do you find these gems? That one looks really solid. Nice grab.

I found it on the local craigslist while shopping for a car for my son. I wasn't joking that it will be my wife's. She's letting our son drive her Nissan juke so she could get the 40. I'm no expert, but this thing is in great shape with very little rust rot and all stock, except for the wheels.

Will he find an old FJ25 next?!?

I'm not one to talk because I recently entered the world of FJ45LV. Yep, cruiser fever is a serious addiction. I'm not married so I can't say "it's my wife's", but I do have a dog so he gets one of my cruisers.

I'm done, famous last words. Like you, I have a fj45lv to restore next.

Ron,

I think you might be waiting for a long time. I have started and am happy to report a "steady, glacial" pace over the first month of ownership.

Day 3 update on the refurb. Got the passenger side rocker off, not as rusty inside and only a few bubbles outside but "while we're in there" might as well do both sides. Got as much POR15 into the exposed areas and mount cavities as possible. The amount of cr*p that comes out of supposedly sealed cavities is pretty amazing. Will have to do a minor rebuild on the lower outside part of the middle mount on the driver side due to rust through. Mocked up the driver side bobm replacement. Serious welding tomorrow.

refresh 9.JPG
refresh 10.JPG
refresh 11.JPG
refresh 12.JPG

rocker solid

Great fitting job

Day 3 update on the refurb. Got the passenger side rocker off, not as rusty inside and only a few bubbles outside but "while we're in there" might as well do both sides. Got as much POR15 into the exposed areas and mount cavities as possible. The amount of cr*p that comes out of supposedly sealed cavities is pretty amazing. Will have to do a minor rebuild on the lower outside part of the middle mount on the driver side due to rust through. Mocked up the driver side bobm replacement. Serious welding tomorrow.

View attachment 1427042 View attachment 1427043 View attachment 1427044 View attachment 1427045

What did you use to cut the body?

Plasma cutter and air powered cutting wheel. Here's an update on tacking and fitting the passenger side.

refresh 13 2017.png
refresh 14 2017.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom