What did you do on your 70 series today? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Popped in the Scheel Mann seat from #2 into #1 for this weeks trip up to VA for Expo East. I didn't want to use the seat until I had #2 on the road but I have no self control....so in it went. I'm not sure I have ever had a truck with an inboard armrest before so I'm really looking forward to that.

Kind of reminds me of a certain interior color combo, doesn't it @Gun Runner 5 ?
View attachment 2099744
I guess I simply didn't pay attention at Windrock but I assumed #1's interior was gray.

Found some of the PO’s wiring. I also discovered I have a viper alarm system.

17BD4A43-9461-4DB3-8792-173F230458AA.jpeg

Found some of the PO’s wiring. I also discovered I have a viper alarm system.

View attachment 2100661

Not to hurt your feelings, but that is a mess.....
If you dont have the electrical manual for the vehicle; I would try to locate one...
I purchased the FSMs for my 93 PZJ75 and have used them several times to answer lingering questions.....

This problem can be caused by either a dirty or broken connection in the harness or possibly a grounding issue.

Hello,

x2,

It is possible that the PO wiring broke a connection.

Your wiring looks like it needs some tidying up. And you might want to change your pedal (clutch/brake) pads.

Juan

Not to hurt your feelings, but that is a mess.....
If you dont have the electrical manual for the vehicle; I would try to locate one...
I purchased the FSMs for my 93 PZJ75 and have used them several times to answer lingering questions.....

It is a mess, didnt hurt my feelings I didn’t do it haha. I’m going to remove everything except for the stereo wiring. The viper system has a ton of wirings. The system is called a 650xv from 2002. Lots of wires.

I had an inoperative turbo timer on my truck when I bought it. removing that stuff cleared up 80% of my wiring questions.

I had an inoperative turbo timer on my truck when I bought it. removing that stuff cleared up 80% of my wiring questions.

I have removed one as well, looked awful but wasn’t so bad. It plugged into the existing wiring harness which I was happy to find since it made removing it a lot less work.

Cheers

Spent about an hour with my son teaching him how to drive stick. It was interesting because he’s driven for several years so really just had to focus on the clutch and feathering the gas pedal. That diesel has enough torque that it forgave a lot of the clutch dumping.
3380E021-CF72-4E55-982C-2BCE1444A958.png

Remove the alarm.... most of that will go away.

That’s the plan. It’s going straight into the trash.

Then I’m gonna figure out the 24v to 12v converter wiring and my stereo wiring. My hasn’t worked but I think I found the 2Amp inline fuse that blew when the P.O jump started the truck. I wonder if that could be the cause of some of my other issues.

Tore down the left side of front axle yesterday searching for cause of oil leak.
Found a nick on the top side of axle shaft oil seal.
Nothing strange to see on the shaft itself.
I will soon install Marlin Crawler HD seal as a replacement.
Need to get several cans of brake cleaner spray before reassembly.

Then I’m gonna figure out the 24v to 12v converter wiring and my stereo wiring. My hasn’t worked but I think I found the 2Amp inline fuse that blew when the P.O jump started the truck. I wonder if that could be the cause of some of my other issues.

Lots of info in this forum about converters.

Last edited:
That’s the plan. It’s going straight into the trash.

I removed the 24v-12v converter which was tied into the cig lighter wiring on the 77. What do you plan to use the converter for? The stereo?

I removed the 24v-12v converter which was tied into the cig lighter wiring on the 77. What do you plan to use the converter for? The stereo?

Correct, for the cig port and for the stereo. Also need it for my arduino but that’s it. The wiring on it looks straight forward and simple.

Wheel bearing check today....I suspected something wasn't 100% on the right side and sure enough, we had a partially seized caliper on that side. Very hard to rotate the wheel. I was getting a lot of road noise around 30mph.....almost like tire noise but the tires are really good. Pad wear was fine on the seized side of the caliper. It was only one piston that was seized so maybe the pad wasn't fully up against the rotor.

So with a fresh caliper. bearings set, we'll be haulin' out of the sunshine state early Thursday AM on our way north for a couple days at Expo East and then some time in the VA mountains messing around.

20191008_151449.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom