What did you do on your 70 series today? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

An upholstery shop in town did the whole thing including the folding frame. $2,300
I chose the color from their Haartz fabric catalog.
I told them there might be a market but they said don’t like doing the same work over and over.

Gave the old girl a oil swap tonight, I swear it runs better with that antiwear in it, and seat of pants says that it has more pepper with it. Every drop of oil in penrite in it now, and all less than a week old. Gearbox shifts way better now too with that antiwear in it, it has 400,000kms on it so the difference is really felt. Only thing to do now is swap out the fuel filter for a genuine one and it will be all quality gear which I'm developing a love for.

20190930_192336.jpg

Did you paint that?! Or is the light playing games... that sure looks Oak.
Combination of poor lighting and an antique camera phone. Definitely gray.

Ordered new handbrake rebuilt parts, with a genuine cable coming today.

On another note, can someone please help me identify what's wrong with my accelerator? It holds it's revs way too long between gear shifts, I have read about it and think it's a pump switch? Hoping I can just get a new genuine one. Thanks

10/01 hdj79

20191003_181414.jpg

20191003_181650.jpg

20191003_181530.jpg

Painted and installed the new hood so the intercooler may be functional from now on. I still need to figure out how to make some kind of barrier under the hood to force the airflow directly on top of the IC.

Nice roadtrip with a loaded trailer tomorrow to Oklahoma City and then Tulsa to see the difference with the hood open if any already.
35FC39BD-01C2-47AA-AC8C-8A23AE402D1E.jpeg
C3241F0D-7E73-4EB4-9F79-649D7155D5C4.jpeg

LIGHT SURFACE RUST !!
These are photos of a 76 Series that was recently purchased from the mining industry. (Not by me)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
:)

Replaced the standard hose between the turbo and wastegate with a tiny one on my 1hd-fte

Popped in the Scheel Mann seat from #2 into #1 for this weeks trip up to VA for Expo East. I didn't want to use the seat until I had #2 on the road but I have no self control....so in it went. I'm not sure I have ever had a truck with an inboard armrest before so I'm really looking forward to that.

Kind of reminds me of a certain interior color combo, doesn't it @Gun Runner 5 ?
20191005_133038.jpg

Popped in the Scheel Mann seat from #2 into #1 for this weeks trip up to VA for Expo East. I didn't want to use the seat until I had #2 on the road but I have no self control....so in it went. I'm not sure I have ever had a truck with an inboard armrest before so I'm really looking forward to that.

Kind of reminds me of a certain interior color combo, doesn't it @Gun Runner 5 ?
View attachment 2099744
Doesn’t the non-matching seat situation bother the sh*t out of you, even if it’s short term? Probably not as much as lumbar compression fractures😉

Doesn’t the non-matching seat situation bother the sh*t out of you, even if it’s short term? Probably not as much as lumbar compression fractures😉

It will be a struggle for me to deal with the mismatch BIGTIME but.....I'm going to be sitting in that truck for 24 or so hours so I'll deal with my weird OCD issues. That Scheel Mann seat is really impressive. Very firm. Makes me sit up straight. I found myself shifting around like crazy on the way back from TN in the stock seat. It will also light a fire under me to get the #2 truck done OR buy a tan Scheel Mann for the #1 :D

It's funny to me because I'm working with a client to do new seats in his GTR....I want to do the driver seat in a bold color(blue) and the other seat black. He says I'm crazy. Ha.

Why is it that half my gauge cluster backlights don’t illuminate (new bulbs) and my climate control dash area doesn’t light up? I’ve had this problem since I got the 74 (24v). Just getting around to it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom