What did you do on your 70 series today? (50 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpeg
Onur, I realize there is a little bit of age difference between your BJ70 and the 77 Series in the photo but I was wondering about the paint codes. Do they represent the "two whites" that were offered on the 70 Series?
Thanks

Cooling Hoses.

Most of these molded/shaped cooling hoses are no longer available. What is everyone doing for replacing some of these strange shaped ones? I really don't want to have it look terrible with misshapen hoses all over the place, but I really don't trust any of the original hoses. Some of them will be pretty easy to use standard hose on, but these 3 are all sorts of weird shaped.

Part numbers:

hoses.jpg

Cooling Hoses.

Most of these molded/shaped cooling hoses are no longer available. What is everyone doing for replacing some of these strange shaped ones? I really don't want to have it look terrible with misshapen hoses all over the place, but I really don't trust any of the original hoses. Some of them will be pretty easy to use standard hose on, but these 3 are all sorts of weird shaped.

Part numbers:

hoses.jpg
I have been amazed at how many are still available, especially over in Aussie. I have gone in to different parts stores, Napa seems to carry a good assortment, and try and match up ones with similar shapes and sizes. Been successful and that way you don't run the risk of kinking a line.

Today I finished up the install of my hood supports courtesy of @c2dfj45.
These things are sweet and the install was straight forward. For RHD you will need to modify the rear battery tray bracket or fab a new one. I chose to modify my original bracket. A few minutes with a bench grinder and a couple files and it was done. Pull the battery out from the get-go because it makes pulling the bracket a lot easier. One other thing I had to do was cut away some of the factory-supplied seam sealer that was surrounding the two cowl bolts that need to be removed and replaced by the lower ball studs.
hood3.jpg
hood1.jpg
hood6.jpg

When drilling the hood for the upper brackets remember to use a drill-stop so you don't nail the outer hood skin. I drilled 1/8 inch pilot holes first, after using the brackets to mark the hole locations.
hood7.jpg

The 13BT power steering reservoir looked like it might be in the way but it clears easily.

When drilling the hood for the upper brackets remember to use a drill-stop so you don't nail the outer hood skin. I drilled 1/8 inch pilot holes first, after using the brackets to mark the hole locations. View attachment 1879429

The 13BT power steering reservoir looked like it might be in the way but it clears easily.

Great pics! Enjoy not messing around with that prop rod! Thanks for posting up the mods you had to make.....and good idea on the drill stop!

@cruiserdan Do you think the hood strut will interfere with my battery tray on the RH side?

IMG_4953.jpeg

@cruiserdan Do you think the hood strut will interfere with my battery tray on the RH side?

View attachment 1879645

My guess is it will clear that battery setup easily. The struts have an 8.5" collapsed length...so if you have that much room from the firewall bolt to whatever is mounted on your fender, you're good.

It appears that there would be no issues with a 12V RHD vehicle. If you ever do a second run, I may be interested in a set. I actually need to get my rig running first ;)

12vbatteryloc.jpg

It appears that there would be no issues with a 12V RHD vehicle. If you ever do a second run, I may be interested in a set. I actually need to get my rig running first ;)

12vbatteryloc.jpg

I've got a kit here....if you'd like it....PM me.

12vbatteryloc.jpg

Yours will need nothing. We have a 12 volt HJ75 in the museum and it's battery is in the rear position. It appears that the battery can be in either position depending on the engine.

^^
Digging the gray steelies @beno!
I'm sure it's come up before, but what seat covers are those?

Back in November I fulfilled a promise to myself that my 74 would not spend another winter outdoors, so a sassy set of 235/85R15s let it fit in the heated garage.

46705898832_65816c6261_c.jpg

Once the winter bike work and HDJ81 maintenance/spring trip prep is done the 74 will get some attention.

View attachment 1876213 Onur, I realize there is a little bit of age difference between your BJ70 and the 77 Series in the photo but I was wondering about the paint codes. Do they represent the "two whites" that were offered on the 70 Series?
Thanks

I am kinda curious about that also. I attempted to purchase some code 045 white touch up paint from a local dealer only to be told they don't sell that code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom