What color should I paint my 73 F engine? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
instagram.com
Hi, I am rebuilding my truck's original F engine from may of 1973. I know the "F.5" engine came out in 1973, but mine is a May model so it should have the older engine.

What color did these come from the factory? I have no idea what color to paint this thing, so I am thinking I will just do what Toyota did.

Thanks!

Black

Black, or black with black. I did grey once to help spot leaks.

Black.

Build it right and it won't leak for a long time.

663.jpg

Hi, I am rebuilding my truck's original F engine from may of 1973. I know the "F.5" engine came out in 1973, but mine is a May model so it should have the older engine.

What color did these come from the factory? I have no idea what color to paint this thing, so I am thinking I will just do what Toyota did.

Thanks!
I’m going with Austin Healey Green on my November 1974 engine in my 1971 FJ-40 just to piss off whoever steals it. If it was the original engine, I’d go black.

I painted mine old oil color. Actually I didn’t paint it, buts it’s old oil color. I did paint the valve cover orange.

I used Ford blue once. It looked good, easy to see any leaks or dribbles.

Today, I might try a flat black. Leaks and dribbles show up as shiny spots.

I’m going with Austin Healey Green on my November 1974 engine in my 1971 FJ-40 just to piss off whoever steals it. If it was the original engine, I’d go black.
What do you mean, "piss off whoever steals it"? Do you expect it to get stolen? 😂

Ps if I was a car thief I wouldn't care what color the block is lol

img2258ez-jpg.898390
This color

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom