Updated rear bumper pics (was Project LXXIV) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I will follow up with a question. After switching over to these LEDs in the bumper from the stock incandescent bulbs, I'm getting what I now understand to be "hyperflasing" where the turn signals flash faster because of the reduced resistance on the circuit. Has anybody found a LED flasher relay in 24V that's a direct replacement. I'm seeing a lot of options in 12V.

Also the red lights in the bumper come on as running lights but don't do anything when the brake pedal is depressed. Brake lights in the bumper were working before the new one. Is it at all possible this is related to the LEDs as well, or is it just another electrical gremlin manifesting itself? Haven't really had a chance to investigate yet.

the hyperflash is the result of LEDs being used. Give Rob Smith a call or email. He has a Relay that will solve that -or- load resistors need to be used to simulate traditional bulbs. (This option reduces the advantage of led use).

as far as the running light and brake light issue; sounds like it’s not wired correctly. Post #6 can help you probably.

I figured out the brake lights today. They grabbed the brake light voltage from the wrong cable. Re-wired some things and working like a charm now.

I’ll reach out to Rob about an LED flasher relay, thanks for the info!
You didnt happen to write down the color combos did you? It would be good to have it documented here and i dont want ot take my bumper off to do it since i forgot

You didnt happen to write down the color combos did you? It would be good to have it documented here and i dont want ot take my bumper off to do it since i forgot

Was just talking to Kurt about this yesterday afternoon as I prepare to get a bumper as well.

I’m just not a fan of hacking into the factory wiring harness; it’s bad juju on 35+ year old wiring.

Kurt is still thinking there is a PnP/minimal hacking solution for this issue. He’s hopefully gonna make some magic happen. :) I mean it’s really just a 3-way subharness. But that takes time, R&D, @cruiseroutfit has a successful business to operate. 💰💰

If said solution is not ready by the time I get mine in hand, I’m going to try to do something PnP that would be as close to OEM as possible...

I’m really looking forward to getting this bumper. I think it’s a very nice solution to save some space (accy carrier) and relieve all of the stress on the stock RH side barn door hinges when one goes to larger/heavier tires.

I like it’s simplicity, well-thought-out operating mechanism/door opening mechanism, and its lines fit with the 70 series; it’s not overdone “expo/overland” bling. I’m seeing it as a very functional addition to a functional truck.

mine was already wired by the PO for trailer lights, i made a harness off that , but obv the colors didnt match. Its an option to not mess further agreed.

This what y’all after?

6C45966B-409D-4A89-91E4-F2D79889CF10.png

I like the bumper.

If I was to change anything? Jack points. And longer wings for side protection on a Troopy. I know the bumper was made for all 70 series, not Troopy specific.

UPDATE: These are available and shipping!

Front: Part# BUMP7XFRNH - 7X Series Front Winch Bumper Kit w/o Hoop - $905
Rear: Part# BUMP7XRDS - 7X Series Rear Bumper Kit w/Dual Swings - $2200

Give us a call at Cruiser Outfitters (801-563-1277) or email (info@cruiseroutfitters.com) if you would like to place an order or need additional information. Thanks!

Old:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting close :cool:

IMG_8694%20%28Small%29.JPG

(The original prototype bumper, we were very happy with how this turned out)

This project started many moons ago with our Project LXXIV, Steve @ LCD and I worked with ExpeditionOne to develop a rear bumper with their high quality flavor and our specs and design criteria. Many iterations later and a production run is near.

I signed off on the final prototype a few weeks back and we should have it back from powder-coat ASAP. We'll verify fitment, assemble hardware kits in-house, create instructions and roll into some production units. It's been a longtime in the making but the end product should be worth our investment. CruiserOutfitters & LandCruisersDirect will be the sole distributors of these bumpers (front is also available, minimal change to the LXXIV build) and pricing will be competitive. There are some great bumper options on the market for the 7x these days and I love the fact there are so many neat ways to outfit and personalize these Cruisers. We simply hope to provide another option for those bumper shopping.

Some pics of the prototyping to whet the appetite

View attachment 1211200

View attachment 1211201
View attachment 1211202
(Shown with optional hitch)

View attachment 1211203

View attachment 1886905

Hmmm..... if that'll work around my PTO I may have found a bumper....

I didn’t write it down sorry. I also came off an already bastardized harness that was cut into for trailer lights.

It’s been waaaaaaaay too long since I’ve chimed in on this thread. We continue to ship these bumpers to homes around the globe. Unfortunately, lead times have been longer than we have wished but that means they keep selling :D

We recently installed front and rear bumpers on a local customers FZJ73. we took the opportunity to add a ton more detail and photos to the instructions (much needed) and will have those finished and shipping with new bumpers later this summer.

68A44E1F-3D00-4069-B856-DCD9E74C6389.jpeg

Another local customer has installed a handful of these on his troopy projects and just finished this 1UZ powered troopy with our paint matched rear sporting dual spares :cool:

82610B1D-B9BA-400C-ACF3-886D8771439E.jpeg

It’s been waaaaaaaay too long since I’ve chimed in on this thread. We continue to ship these bumpers to homes around the globe. Unfortunately, lead times have been longer than we have wished but that means they keep selling :D

We recently installed front and rear bumpers on a local customers FZJ73. we took the opportunity to add a ton more detail and photos to the instructions (much needed) and will have those finished and shipping with new bumpers later this summer.

View attachment 2719438

Another local customer has installed a handful of these on his troopy projects and just finished this 1UZ powered troopy with our paint matched rear sporting dual spares :cool:

View attachment 2719441
Looks like the 73 came out of Venezuela?

Looks like the 73 came out of Venezuela?

It’s got some parts from both Venezuela and Colombia, the D60 rear (we are swapping to a FF Toyota w/ARB)

Anyone have a long-term review on how this bumper has held up?

Last edited:
Anyone attempted to mount an 8274 on the front bar? I'm not confident a front mount will fit, just seeing if anyone has attempted.

I'm hesitant to share too many pictures and drum up more attention for our rear bumpers that are still on perpetual back-order, full disclosure :D

However these two Cruisers we built a few weeks ago turned out so tidy :cool:

1654201952470.png

1654201960648.png

1654201967435.png

1654201976108.png

1654201980214.png

1654201985415.png

1654201989680.png

1654201998948.png

I saw both of those trucks when the family visited the museum. Super sweet. You decorated them well;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom