Builds Unicorns are real... My dream car FJ73 build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is what I’ve been using for my conversions, $9, thread in place of GM sender and thread Toyota sender into it. Done. Like I said it’s NPT but the difference is so minor it doesn’t matter, I let the steel sender and aluminum threads work it out amongst themselves

Amazon product ASIN B07NW1XKHR
McMastercar has the adapter from 1/8 bsp to whatever size npt you want. Probably less than $20 and take you five days to get it. You can force thread 1/8 npt brass and 1/8 bsp steel together with Teflon tape and it probably isn't going to leak as a thread is very close and the brass will deform to the steel. Getting the right thread from McMaster car is much better though.

McMastercar has the adapter from 1/8 bsp to whatever size npt you want. Probably less than $20 and take you five days to get it. You can force thread 1/8 npt brass and 1/8 bsp steel together with Teflon tape and it probably isn't going to leak as a thread is very close and the brass will deform to the steel. Getting the right thread from McMaster car is much better though.

No, I know it doesn't leak because I've done it. On several projects.
One is steel and the other is aluminum. One could just put a tap though it real quick but it doesn't matter, it's 1 Tpi difference on a pipe thread. it's so small you can't even see it if you put them side by side. Also stacking two adapters puts the sender too high and it would run into the intake manifold.

No, I know it doesn't leak because I've done it. On several projects.
One is steel and the other is aluminum. One could just put a tap though it real quick but it doesn't matter, it's 1 Tpi difference on a pipe thread. it's so small you can't even see it if you put them side by side. Also stacking two adapters puts the sender too high and it would run into the intake manifold.
I assume you’ve seen that conglomeration “Jags That Run” sells? 🤣

I assume you’ve seen that conglomeration “Jags That Run” sells? 🤣

but that's "doing it right"

And yeah that's a mess, I'd be ashamed to see that on a project

I’ve been working on my basement remodel, making the cabinets sell them away from the cars lately, but this weekend drained the transmission to pull the computer out...

Also, got the delivery from mega zip with all the seals. Thanks @Baz80

AFEFAC71-F0E5-469F-BFA5-CE9BC6A10671.jpeg

A72A8C52-DA0F-4852-882A-F29EC7FB0E5E.jpeg

Just got real again... ordered PSI harness today with cruise control and shipping off computers to them today to program.

1614097786342.png

I’ve pulled a TCM out of a 6l80 twice, both times in the vehicle. What a mess. Good call doing it now while it’s easy.

I’ve pulled a TCM out of a 6l80 twice, both times in the vehicle. What a mess. Good call doing it now while it’s easy.
This video by PSI makes it look so clean and simple.... Really great reference except for all the mess dropping the pan. I did spin mine over like they show and that made it much easier. Only issue was my craftsman E12 socket was flared at end so would not grab the bolts, so had to grind it flat.

it will be quick for a LC. the automatic will prevent it from feeling like a hot-rod though which is a good thing.

That 73 is going to FLY when this is all done.

There was a quote the other day that a 70 series does not have power to tow a trailer and I giggled a little bit.

Parts are starting to come in... Cruise control was missing...

E21B0CB9-EA52-4FF5-BD58-4347D047B61C.jpeg

Last edited:
Saw these on Facebook, appears to be 70 series rims.... anybody know the specs?

224409CC-5099-48FC-B3CB-4D6B180E2BCD.png

Looks like a 6 lug copy of a 5 lug 70 wheel.

Looks like a 6 lug copy of a 5 lug 70 wheel.

Agreed... trying to figure out what this might have been made for, assuming Toyota made it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom