Builds Unicorns are real... My dream car FJ73 build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Agreed... trying to figure out what this might have been made for, assuming Toyota made it.
Chinese copy , I had one of those chinese copies in 5 lug . Looked identical to my oem toyota ones

Rines Toyota Machito Aniversario 6 Huecos. - Bs.S.10.000.000,00 - https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ve/MLV-576214276-rines-toyota-machito-aniversario-6-huecos-_JM#position=20&type=item&tracking_id=558effa8-f94d-48f1-ab77-e0534b3ee8af

Donde son fabricados ? sabrás?
Amigo son de manufactura China. Pero es un producto de excelente calidad. Tenemos varios años trabajando con el modelo 5 huecos y otros modelos, sin inconveniente alguno a la fecha. Todos nuestros productos están garantizados.
12/03/2021
Where are they manufactured? will you know
Friend they are from China manufacture. But it is a product of excellent quality. We have been working with the 5-hole model and other models for several years, without any problem to date. All of our products are guaranteed.
03/12/2021

I found them on Alibaba as well. going to see how many and what price point. Looks like I can order to the backspacing I want.

Am I correct that for 73 series, we would want 16 x 8 with a 3.5" backspacing?

I have to wonder how they can offer custom, made to order backspacing on cast alloy wheels.

I found them on Alibaba as well. going to see how many and what price point. Looks like I can order to the backspacing I want.

Am I correct that for 73 series, we would want 16 x 8 with a 3.5" backspacing?

That's what I would pick. Maybe 3.25. I'm net 3.0 with my 80 wheels and Spidertrax spacers. The wheels that were on it had, I think, 3 5/8 and the rear tires would brush the inner wheel wells when the axle crossed-up. I haven't touched once with 3.0 This is with a 285/75/16 tire.

If you get a favorable price quote for more pieces, I may be a player for 5 of them.

Last edited:
Changing gears, got a set of lockers coming from @fitzy . Thanks @cjmoon for the linky.

1617484186222.png

That's what I would pick. Maybe 3.25. I'm net 3.0 with my 80 wheels and Spidertrax spacers. The wheels that were on it had, I think, 3 5/8 and the rear tires would brush the inner wheel wells when the axle crossed-up. I haven't touched once with 3.0 This is with a 285/75/16 tire.

If you get a favorable price quote for more pieces, I may be a player for 5 of them.

looks like I would need to order 60 of them.... so will get pricing and see how many people are interested.

looks like I would need to order 60 of them.... so will get pricing and see how many people are interested.

A feller ought to have 5, for a matching spare and in case you trash one. That means you need 10 more takers. :cool:

I likely will take two sets of 5, so I figure this might not take long to share the price on these and get the quantity we need.

Will start a new thread if this sounds do-able.

k

Upon further study, I would absolutely go with 3.25 inches of backspace. This is an NOS white spoke 15×6 Cruiser/mini truck wheel.
20210403_185838.jpg

Last edited:
20210403_190346.jpg

Rines Toyota Machito Aniversario 6 Huecos. - Bs.S.10.000.000,00 - https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ve/MLV-576214276-rines-toyota-machito-aniversario-6-huecos-_JM#position=20&type=item&tracking_id=558effa8-f94d-48f1-ab77-e0534b3ee8af

Donde son fabricados ? sabrás?
Amigo son de manufactura China. Pero es un producto de excelente calidad. Tenemos varios años trabajando con el modelo 5 huecos y otros modelos, sin inconveniente alguno a la fecha. Todos nuestros productos están garantizados.
12/03/2021

Hello,

90 Series Prados came with these wheels, or a very similar design. Maybe there is a Toyota part number for them.

Just a comment.

On the other hand, a group buy is a good way to save on shipping. I would say six instead of five wheels.

Juan

I could be up for a set, depending on price.

Didn’t take any pictures, but I got the transmission computer back in the 6l90. Additionally that Dakota digital cruise control showed up!!!

I am making progress with the manufacturer. Would this be a 16 x 7" or what width should we be looking for?

The 6 lug 70 series LX wheel isn't made by Toyota and the 5 lug version wasn't offered in any other vehicle. The latter is also the only alloy wheel offered on a heavy duty 70 (non Prado) All of the 6 lug versions are chinese, they're selling them down here for a freaking premium (like on the Mercadolibre link) for people who want to install them on 6 lug 70s and 80s. Some people say they're OEM, but that's false advertising.

The most common 90 series wheels is indeed a 5 spoke, 6 lug design, but it isn't the 70 series wheel. It was the 3rd gen 4Runner wheel.

I can't see why a chinese made wheel would be a bad thing, they're pretty basic anyway. If I had a 6 lug 70 I would definitely consider it, that wheel looks beautiful on a 7X

Nothing wrong with Chinese made wheels if they are developed and adhered to OEM standards. Several Toyota wheel part numbers are Chinese made.

I am making progress with the manufacturer. Would this be a 16 x 7" or what width should we be looking for?

I would only be interested in 16x8.

Nothing wrong with Chinese made wheels if they are developed and adhered to OEM standards. Several Toyota wheel part numbers are Chinese made.
Agreed.

This OEM Chrysler wheel is made in China. 20x11.
spare wheel.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom