Ultimate OEM 60 series parts still in stock (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Damn. That one hurts.

Andrew Toyota in WI. It showed available there until it wasn’t.
Darnit, that is one I often use and their parts guy has been pretty good about getting stuff. FYI, I've found Lewis in Topeka to be a tad cheaper than Andrew with same FREESHIP option.

That's not accurate information ,

- both T.I.S. network ( Toyota Information System's ) and Dealer Daily show -1 on-hand nationally / includes Alaska ans HI , not CANADA to be clear

- USA Dealer based PARTS VOICE system also shows -1 nationally

- the stated national available issue -1 on-hand cause / offender is Victory TOYOTA , Canton Michigan .......

- once a toyota / lexus part # is Disc. / NLA on the USA Price tape system , any dealership simply Can't Force order it in hopes of getting one ,

sadly 85160-90A07 is NLA / Disc. :confused:

Last edited:
That's not accurate information ,

- both T.I.S. network ( Toyota Information System's ) and Dealer Daily show -1 on-hand nationally / includes Alaska ans HI , not CANADA to be clear

- USA Dealer based PARTS VOICE system also shows -1 nationally

- the stated national available issue -1 on-hand cause / offender is Victory TOYOTA , Canton Michigan .......

- once a toyota / lexus part # is Disc. / NLA on the USA Price tape system , any dealership simply Can't Force order it in hopes of getting one ,

- these 3 verification methods above are rapid response recourses , and this is up to the metric minute accurate information ,

sadly 85160-90A07 is NLA / Disc. :confused:

another POOR Choice by TOYOTA MOTOR Sales JAPAN Ltd .

View attachment 3115811

Just another persons business opportunity.

If only these absent parts issues could be solved at reasonable cost by entrepreneurs while maintaining the same robust quality.

I ordered one through TPD and it arrived today. It seems like there’s still some out there.

228CECEB-D300-4F1B-8D86-0DB7CD015A7E.jpeg

All grab handles and matching screw covers in Ivory color as well as new mounting screws all around. The driver handle/covers are a slightly different shade of ivory than the others but hard to notice once installed.

1664548565385.png

IMG_5765.jpg

IMG_5780.jpg

All grab handles and matching screw covers in Ivory color as well as new mounting screws all around. The driver handle/covers are a slightly different shade of ivory than the others but hard to notice once installed.

View attachment 3127996

View attachment 3127997

View attachment 3127998
I wonder if you can install that A pillar grab handle on the passenger side if you turn it upside down. They had them on right hand configurations. Maybe there are screw holes on the right side A pillar.

So, this has been bothering me way more than it should. Am hoping someone can help me.

Looking for the "Absorber" for the rear view mirror on a 62. See it for sale on eBay as shown, however when I ordered that part from Toyota I got something totally different. Are these still available?

What I want:
Absorber1.jpg

What I got:
Absorber2.jpg

It was a mis-pick by the parts depot. Take it back and order the correct part again.

:idea:
Thank you! I was wondering if that was case but didn't want to throw more money away with a second attempt. This was an online order so can't really take back but cheap enough to not worry about it.

A caveat: Part depot "ground" employees do not know the difference between a bolt, washer, nut, short block assy. They are basically doing what the computer tells them to do and then filling totes that go to Toyota dealers basically on a pick list with part numbers on it. They are not corresponding the number to the part in vivo. At all. Ever.

Caveat #2: Most Toyota dealership personnel are lazy enough to not care. It's just a part in a bag with a number on it. Especially the outbound warehouse shipping/receiving folks... they could care less even more.

So while we may think our little part we ordered at 1am in your jammies on your phone from Toyotapartsblowme.com is the most important part in the world, it's just a widget with a part number in a bag. Nothing more, nothing less.

That said, the Toyota depot structure is a very mature structure. What you experienced does not happen very often.

That absorber is NLA and Out of Production. There were two diff lengths: 40mm and 45mm. Both are gone, far as I can tell.

Either pay to play the ebay from KSA price or make yur own. A piece of small vac hose worked fine, but there's probably a more appropriate material out there if you want to take the time to look.

That said, the Toyota depot structure is a very mature structure. What you experienced does not happen very often.

Yeah was a first for me after many many order. Have had a part order not get included, but only this one as the wrong part. I am just happy I can actually get this stupid little thing now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom