UC chat (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sage advice from an old-timer. It isn't a fight unless you cover yourself in grease and have a steel pipe.

Okay, with that out of the way, is there a go-to tire guy around? Rather than wait for my relatively new tires to wear out, the Sequoia could use them and I am going to 33". My experience has typically been Firestone Complete or Discount Tire. Is 285/75-16 the right size for stock height?

Sage advice from an old-timer. It isn't a fight unless you cover yourself in grease and have a steel pipe.

Okay, with that out of the way, is there a go-to tire guy around? Rather than wait for my relatively new tires to wear out, the Sequoia could use them and I am going to 33". My experience has typically been Firestone Complete or Discount Tire. Is 285/75-16 the right size for stock height?
.... Now I remember! My grandpa was a nut .

Warren's Tire is usually very competitive and super good people.
On Webb Rd at the Mall Connector end.

A good officer at the GPD is in need of some help. This was completely unexpected and has put her and her 2 small kids in a serious bind. If you can contribute anything or just pass the word around I will be forever grateful. If this goes against the rules admin please delete it.

Click here to support Hughes Fund organized by Patricia Mullinax

Did a little grinding on the trailer. Hands are still shaking. Got a face shield as well after what happened to teddy.

20170906_183711.jpg

20170905_112719.jpg

We finished the 79 Fj40 Friday. Rion picked it up yesterday. So we have a new cruiserhead in Greenville.
IMG_1625.JPG

Hey I just wanted to cross post this since all are not going to logans run

Hey just wanted to post a friendly reminder, I know we all try and be as safe as we can when we go to events and while at the event and then on the way home. If you follow mud on FB there was a tragedy that occurred out in Colorado to a group that was on a trail ride. One of the group lost their life and the other has sustained major injuries, they were both ejected from the vehicle. I know I have been guilty of it before, and no I'm not saying they weren't wearing them, I don't know the details, but please wear your seat belt at all times on the trail. I know I've done it before and not clicked it when I was just going a little ways or perhaps down an "easy" trail.

Sorry for the soap box but just want y'all to stick around a little longer!

That's always hard to read and learn about. Many of these accidents could be avoided or the severity reduced with something as simple as proper training. Not saying the guys who had the accident were not trained, just in general, a great upgrade to anyone doing more "wheeling" is to upgrade the nut behind the wheel. This place below offers lots of classes in Uwharrie, and there are many other places too that can not only save your rig, but save your life too.

Uwharrie Off-Road Training Center

Hey I just wanted to cross post this since all are not going to logans run
Always a good reminder. Seatbelts are the beginning of several things we can take for granted or neglect if we don't bring it up occasionally. Vehicle related checklists commonly list properly anchored batteries, fire extinguishers, stocked first aid kits, etc. This is why I created the ICE forms as well. ICE ICE Baby To Izzy's point, knowledge as well.

Seat belts in that case would have probably killed both of them. And it's very possible they both were wearing them. Also saw were some people said a rollcage and harness would have saved them. In this case a 600ft drop tumble into rocks and trees nothing could have prevented that. That's 2 football field drops down a mountain of rocks and trees off cliffs. Ejection was way better than being in the vehicle.

Seat belts in that case would have probably killed both of them. And it's very possible they both were wearing them. Also saw were some people said a rollcage and harness would have saved them. In this case a 600ft drop tumble into rocks and trees nothing could have prevented that. That's 2 football field drops down a mountain of rocks and trees off cliffs. Ejection was way better than being in the vehicle.
After looking at the photos, yeah, not a good scenario no matter what.

It would have had to been a hell of a roll cage to save them. 600ft is just too much. It sucks.

What are y'all opinions as far as adding a third row rear facing? Is forward facing have any advantage as far as safety it seems like adding a non factory you would have more space with the rear facing. Just wanting different opinions on it. I'll be adding a third row to my project 4Runner and trying to decide how to place an extra seat

I went forward facing mostly because it allowed the particular seat I had to fold against the second row. This gave me more rear cargo room without taking the seat out.

From the safety point of view, I like the kids being able to see and maybe brace for an accident, but doubt that is really a benefit. Sorry it's not more of a technical answer, just my opinion.

Another happy day at work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom