UC chat (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In parts of Europe they were sold as "Toyota Space Cruiser", which is what I called mine. The US marketing was much more bland, calling them simply "Toyota Van". I sold mine right before we moved down here. It was great except for working on the engine stuffed under the front seats. Plus I was always worried about severed legs if I got in a front end collision.

View attachment 1478807

That is freakin money! I thought you were pretty cool before you shared that....that's just over the top! Love the boxiness of those things and even more unique than Land Cruisers! Our first minivan (Yes, we had more than one, two to be exact) was a Toyota Previa. Also a bit futuristic in it's design.

Power has been out since I walked in the door here at the plant. Come midnight if its not back on in running for the turnstyle! Two transformers blew and a small fire outside.

In parts of Europe they were sold as "Toyota Space Cruiser", which is what I called mine. The US marketing was much more bland, calling them simply "Toyota Van". I sold mine right before we moved down here. It was great except for working on the engine stuffed under the front seats. Plus I was always worried about severed legs if I got in a front end collision.

View attachment 1478807
I got rear ended by one of those in my S10 back in 1991. My bumper damage was so minimal that I don't think we even bothered with a repair, but the van driver was pinned to the seat by the steering wheel. Totalled it. It basically wedged under my bumper and lifted me off the ground as it slid underneath. Hit me at a stoplight from about 20mph, IIRC. Made me miss a date that night. Ginny something-or-other...

Anybody got a Thule or Yakima cargo carrier I can borrow or buy that will fit on the LX470?

Thinking about picking one up before our upcoming trip in case we need extra room.

Anybody got a Thule or Yakima cargo carrier I can borrow or buy that will fit on the LX470?

Thinking about picking one up before our upcoming trip in case we need extra room.

I have one you are welcome to borrow.......you should check with Marshall since he's gotten more use out of it than we have since my daughter took it on her epic west coast road trip 3 years ago! It's covered in stickers and you are welcome to add to them with your adventures.

Road Trip 1.JPG

Open invite, New Spring is doing fireworks next Sunday evening. I will be at the Spartanburg location, but I think they all are. Usually a good show, with bounce houses and food trucks before.
My family and I were there last July and it was quite a show. Interestingly, there wasn't a thought in our minds that we'd be living down here the very next spring.

I started searching the local craigslist while on vacation and came across some specter rear slider windows for a 60 series. Still new in the boxes! Picked them up today. Now do I bring them to the parts swap, or install them on my 62??

Last edited:
Looking forward to upcoming get togethers!

Funniest comment concerning that article:

"Batson's page 1. Zuckerberg page 4."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom