UC chat (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Although I didn't make it to the Hurricane Creek Ride this weekend I was able to do a little camping with the family. We went up to blue valley campground off of 28 about 30 minutes outside Highlands. A great spot really and we were able to explore some gravel roads and a few forest service roads that were fun. Lots of hiking and different spots to check out in the area definitely would recommend

IMG_2258.JPG

IMG_2192.JPG

Its ok! They aren't there long and the cage is merely the staging area while they await their great purpose of flavoring our favorite slaughtered animal
Here, that is cow for sure. Pork is considered a side dish in TX. A buddy placed in the top 10 at the Houston Rodeo BBQ competition with his chicken. Still considered it a failure because his brisket only placed in the 200's (still better than half the entries).

This here can break your heart!

2017_06_07_21.33.06.png

Somebody mentioned Rudy's BBQ at Hurricane Creek. This is one of them. And the all important wood behind the place.

View attachment 1474221

View attachment 1474225
Looks just like the one we went to in Amarillo. We went there on the way out and the way back - some of the best brisket I've ever had and it was a fraction of what I'd pay in Charleston. I've also been to Salt Lick (near Austin, TX) a few times. That place is amazing! No pork, which is weird for me, but their beef is so memorable. The only better barbecue that I've had was at Jack Stack's in Kansas City.

Got a friend of a friend getting ready to let this go if anyone is interested. It's in Michigan. 120k miles, no rust....he claims, new tires and brakes, all new front end stuff (not sure what he means by that but I can get details). New windshield and exhaust. Says he's gonna ask 10k or less.

IMG_5864.JPG
IMG_5865.JPG

Got a friend of a friend getting ready to let this go if anyone is interested. It's in Michigan. 120k miles, no rust....he claims, new tires and brakes, all new front end stuff (not sure what he means by that but I can get details). New windshield and exhaust. Says he's gonna ask 10k or less.

View attachment 1476897 View attachment 1476898

What year? Don Cain, father of Nick Cain (white FJ60, going to Clemson next fall) is looking for 100 series. Am going to give him your #.
Never mind, just talked to Don & he wants an '05-'07....
Would like to know year & see more pics!

Last edited:
What year? Don Cain, father of Nick Cain (white FJ60, going to Clemson next fall) is looking for 100 series. Am going to give him your #.
I will get details....believe it's a 2006

Saw this pretty clean 06 in GA the other day, seems like a good price for mileage and year and its a southern vehicle. My wife wants a newer Grand Cherokee now with all the bells and whistles or else i would have gotten this already.

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser V8 For Sale In Leesburg | Cars.com

Finally found out what was wrong with Big Gay. No fuel pressure. Fuel pump or TB fuel pressure regulator is bad.

Some awesome vehicles there......love those funky vans too!

Yes, @Webster77 came from Chapin to last month's gathering at Quaker Steak in a beautiful HDJ that he got from them. I believe they are friends. There are some pics in the thread of it. It was beautiful!

****UC MAY MEETING DATE CHANGED TO THE 25TH*****

In parts of Europe they were sold as "Toyota Space Cruiser", which is what I called mine. The US marketing was much more bland, calling them simply "Toyota Van". I sold mine right before we moved down here. It was great except for working on the engine stuffed under the front seats. Plus I was always worried about severed legs if I got in a front end collision.

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 2.18.17 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom