TWT -- The Wrenching Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Shocks should be much stiffer. As for the springs, it seems they're the same rate as what I took off, just not as worn out. I suspect that the springs died because they were allowed to invert because I was running them without bumpstops. I'm hoping that's corrected now.

Shocks should be much stiffer. As for the springs, it seems they're the same rate as what I took off, just not as worn out. I suspect that the springs died because they were allowed to invert because I was running them without bumpstops. I'm hoping that's corrected now.

nice dude !!

2000 LX470 at 269,500 miles
Replaced the radiator & hoses & clamps with OEM
Replaced the heater T's & hoses with OEM
Forgot to install the new OEM thermostat. Dammit!

This was so much easier than last month when I did Sarah's LX450 with the dual batteries that both had to come out! Everything was so easy to get to except for half of the clamps on the T's lines. Long arms and tiny hands would have helped out for that.

took a wirebrush to my floor boards today to get an idea of how bad my rust situation is. good news is my passenger side is in pretty good shape and should be fixed pretty easily.

bad news is my driver side is in horrible shape and two small chunks of my floorboard fell out when i was scraping away :(

anyone know someone around RDU that could repair floorboards?

About to install a Spartan locker in a new third member for my ‘82 pickup. The third member in my truck right now is toast, you can grab the driveshaft and then it 1/4 of a turn and it makes some not nice noises when you drive. I figured I’d upgrade when I replaced so I got a V6 third member out of a 2001 4runner, a much stronger unit that’ll bolt in.
CE433674-C22F-4B73-9A67-8C874733A953.jpeg
AEBCCB2C-FEC0-44A9-8AD2-54EA7D5E8841.jpeg

Painting up some new Trail Tailor recovery points for Jolene
image.jpg

My small power steering hose leak quickly became a big power steering hose leak on Saturday leaving puddles wherever I parked the Cruiser. I replaced the return and cooler lines today. It took me 4 auto parts stores to find 5/8 and 3/8 trans/oil hose. The OEM hoses were hard as a rock and didn't want to budge. The new hoses went on pretty easy but I would recommend 7/16 (10mm OEM size) over 3/8 (9.5mm). The smaller hose is two pieces, one from the reservoir to the paperclip cooler and a small hose from the paperclip to the steering box. I still need to pick up a new PS cap and scrub the driveway but my leaks are fixed.

2 feet of 5/8". I used about 12" or less.
3 feet of 3/8". I used all but 6".

Got the locker installed! Went well except discovered my axle shafts are really worn. And discovered a diff has grenaded in that housing in the past.
106D0E2B-2245-49B5-8EE7-3525C81828D5.jpeg
A9FABE80-6F90-4C1C-801F-6F66606FE055.jpeg
BFB968A4-FBAF-4805-928B-EB3B7748B2FA.jpeg

@nutop and I had a cowl resealing party today. Was a fun but long day!

MVIMG_20190908_135152.jpg

Did some minor wrenching today, after an absolute battle spanning weeks, I finally got my oil pressure gauge installed. And she makes gooddd oil oressure.
600BB7F3-BEB4-4562-9146-511FF032470F.jpeg

Did some minor wrenching today, after an absolute battle spanning weeks, I finally got my oil pressure gauge installed. And she makes gooddd oil oressure.View attachment 2078660
From the looks of that water temp gauge you're planning on some circle track excitment. There is a "street" version in case you're interested.

2-5-8-autometer-sport-comp-wa_47d3150e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom