TWT -- The Wrenching Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Completed the longest front brake job in history this evening. Started Last Sunday with some new Centric PowerSlot rotors to replace the warped stockers on the Tundra, and new Toyota pads. I wasn't going to replace the calipers, until I stripped out the threads on the driver's side when reinstalling the mounting bolts. So....back to RockAuto.com for a pair of Wagner calipers. Not wanting to trust that the threads on the bolt weren't stripped too, I ended up having to order another one from Toyota, since no junkyards nearby had any and I didn't feel like going looking for a Grade 8 replacement. The dealer only wanted a couple bucks for it, so no big deal.

Luckily, the weather last week was awesome, so I just drove the 40 to work every day while waiting for the Calipers to arrive. Gotta admit, having a nice Cruiser week, weather-wise, meant I wasn't in a hurry to finish up the Tundra anyway, but the extended weekend trip to DC meant I couldn't work on it until tonight. After a little help from the :princess: bleeding the brakes, it's all buttoned up. Took it out for a drive to bed in the brakes and it's all good to go. Only took 10 days from start to finish! :doh:

:lol: At least it was done correctly! The extra time is worth the piece of mind IMHO.

It almost kicked my ass, but I finally overcame and installed a new strap handle on the PS door of the 40 last night. Slept well last night. Phew, glad that's done. I'll check tire pressure tonight if I have my strength back and enough beers in the fridge. :moon:

Seriously, I'm happy to have actually had the 5 minutes to finally get that done. It's been a bit busy around here.

Got Tim's truck running, driving and stopping this weekend! It's going to be a busy week getting both rigs ready for Logan's Run.

Got Logan's 80 unloaded since I had to use it to store all his tools and parts. Also, replaced the control switch on the driver side door....and it works!

Can anyone give me recommendations on what I need to bring to tighten the crank shaft pulley at LR.

Can anyone give me recommendations on what I need to bring to tighten the crank shaft pulley at LR.

A socket that fits the nut. I'll bring some other stuff that will help.

Last edited:
I have a huge ass socket with ratchet set but it won't work without taking the fan and shroud off. :(
I'll bring it.

New Battery installed!! Thanks to the several of you that gave me a jump during Logan's Run.

Anyone around Raleigh up for assisting with rear spring install on the 100. Should be very similar to 80 series. I was hoping we had a local pro and spring install. Thanks. uzj100

Anyone around Raleigh up for assisting with rear spring install on the 100. Should be very similar to 80 series. I was hoping we had a local pro and spring install. Thanks. uzj100

What's your timeframe?

No hurry at all.

...via IH8MUD app

No hurry at all.

Let's talk off-line. Got some stuff lined up the next couple of months, but we can get her done.

Thanks JC and John R for tightening my crankshaft pulley bolt at Logan's Run. It was an honor to watch a finely tuned wrenching team. ;)

Sam, you are welcome. Glad to make my tiny mark on such a beautiful cruiser. Thanks for the beer!

Parts are staring to arrive. Need to install 4 shocks, 2 rear coils and new torsion bars. All parts should be in by Saturday.

Sounds like fun. Way more fun than wiring looms. Dug into the TPS extension to find a bad crimp connection. Hopefully it's the cause of my stalling issues. And got to use some new loom provided by Fourtraxx to button it back up :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom