Trail Tailor Offerings- Racks, Sliders, Control Arms and Misc (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jason, I have been trying to get an answer from you about the Tough Dog shocks.. Are they available by themselves or only in a suspension kit? Email and PM'd you also..
Dennis

Yes, available individually I won't get to the warehouse until Thursday to check availability for the 62 rear.

These are for the 41mm foam cell. No other option available.

Last edited:
Yes, available individually I won't get to the warehouse until Thursday to check availability for the 62 rear.

295.00 a pair plus 38.00 a pair shipping. These are for the 41mm foam cell. No other option available.

Are there different lengths available or are they all one size? I have the OME CS004F and CS004RB and not sure what my short/long extension length is, have to jack it up and flex it a bit..

Protects the shock body, piston and bolt head from flying rocks/debris and hard hits from rocks/boulders. Most other "shield designs" are fastened by one bolt and they rotate to some cases where the guard pierces the shocks body or are bolted on with worm gear clamps and always rattle or fall off after a hard trail run or two.

Also there is a bolt on each side of the tower you cant see in the pic.

FOX, King, Icon and other shocks have an exposed piston rod and the rocks cause pitting that ruins seals in short time.

TD, OME, Ironman are all shielded with a plastic or steel casing and are not as vulnerable.

J

Sounds like your mount would be a nice opportunity to beef up the shock mount by welding them to the OEM mount. Otherwise, seems like a pretty big part for something a rubber boot would solve

Sounds like your mount would be a nice opportunity to beef up the shock mount by welding them to the OEM mount. Otherwise, seems like a pretty big part for something a rubber boot would solve
View attachment 1908589View attachment 1908590

Rubber boot or bag won't help in a rock hit. Ask all the 200 guys that have my version on their 200 series. Let alone the 93 guys I have on my inquiry list for this part.

J

Also the antenna mounts were approved for laser cutting today with a 5-6 day lead time. So these will be available in about 7-10 days.

12 gauge stainless without bottle opener will be the only option.

Jason

Are you getting plenty? I’d hate to miss out on one.

Looks bullet-proof Jason

I cant see too well if it clears the anti-sway bar at full droop. Also does it secure in any other spot than the shock bolt. And does it require a longer shock bolt?

Im in for a pair when youre ready.

Looks bullet-proof Jason

I cant see too well if it clears the anti-sway bar at full droop. Also does it secure in any other spot than the shock bolt. And does it require a longer shock bolt?

Im in for a pair when youre ready.

Full clearance of the sway bar. The one pic is full droop and another is resting on the ground. Last thing to check is full articulation on clearance, but should be fine. Reuses stock shock bolt, unless yours is beat to hell and then you'll need to buy from @beno or your preferred OEM parts guru. One bolt through the shock tower on each side for a total 3.

J

Full clearance of the sway bar. The one pic is full droop and another is resting on the ground. Last thing to check is full articulation on clearance, but should be fine. Reuses stock shock bolt, unless yours is beat to hell and then you'll need to buy from @beno or your preferred OEM parts guru. One bolt through the shock tower on each side for a total 3.

J
Sounds good Thanks. Will these go on the website to pre-order or are you keeping a list?

Sounds good Thanks. Will these go on the website to pre-order or are you keeping a list?

I'll post up here and on my IG page when they are ready and for sale on the website. Maybe by this weekend.

J

The antenna mounts are sold as pairs? I will assume they will work with lights as well?

The antenna mounts are sold as pairs? I will assume they will work with lights as well?

RH, LH or pairs. 3 options. Will be sold in bare finish stainless. They have a slotted hole for LED pod lights and a hole for an antenna on each mount.

This is what I was referring to about the reservoir shocks (if you think the reservoir might come into contact with the shock skid at full compression. This is a 2018 Tundra.

2gen tundra icons.jpg

This is what I was referring to about the reservoir shocks (if you think the reservoir might come into contact with the shock skid at full compression. This is a 2018 Tundra.

View attachment 1908650

Not sure they will work. At full compression I'm thinking they will hit the reservoir. I could custom a set and angle the shield further out/away.

Not sure they will work. At full compression I'm thinking they will hit the reservoir. I could custom a set and angle the shield further out/away.
Awesome I’m definitely interested Jason!

I was thinking even simpler, maybe just make me a set with the front shield shorter so it still protects the bolt but doesn’t interfere with the reservoir!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom