Trail Tailor Offerings- Racks, Sliders, Control Arms and Misc (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stainless would be about 70.00 each vs. 90.00 a pair for mild steel and powdered.

Oh man, if you make the antenna mounts in stainless I'm in for one for sure. I have a set (L&R) from another place that dosen't make them anymore that I have only had installed since July and they are already all rusty. Stainless just makes more sense IMO because if you are using them for a cb, and they are mild steel with PC, you will have to sand off some of the powder coat anyway to get a proper chassis ground to the antenna. And I'm sure no matter what after that, rust is inevitable. Think about us rust-belters!

Also, dont worry about the bottle opener on the mount. The ones I have on my truck now have them, and I have used them exactly 0 times. If you are gonna be drinking beers, I'm sure you already have an opener around.

I know I said it before but I’ll say it again. I’ll definitely pay extra for stainless

Another vote for stainless antenna mounts! Better body contact for antenna grounding. Most won't think twice about the extra coin.

No point in having a bottle opener on an antenna bracket when all 100 series come with one from the factory:)

I got my rear control arms Jason. Thanks alot! I can't believe how beefy they look in person.

Next week I'll get started on the rear shock guards. We'll see what happens.

J
J,
I wasn’t paying attention. I know I know I should have just read, but we’re these shock guards for the 100?

V

Those shock skids look awesome! Any idea at all if this will work with reservoir shocks where the reservoir is attached to the body of the shock like Slee or Icon? I’m trying to picture it in my head.

I'm not understanding the idea behind the shock guards? It looks like they bolt on to the shock mount? Any load on that guard will just go straight through the same load path, into the factory mount. Or are they just to protect the bottom of the shock body from rocks kicked up?

Also the antenna mounts were approved for laser cutting today with a 5-6 day lead time. So these will be available in about 7-10 days.

12 gauge stainless without bottle opener will be the only option.

Jason

Jason, I have been trying to get an answer from you about the Tough Dog shocks.. Are they available by themselves or only in a suspension kit? Email and PM'd you also..
Dennis

I'm not understanding the idea behind the shock guards? It looks like they bolt on to the shock mount? Any load on that guard will just go straight through the same load path, into the factory mount. Or are they just to protect the bottom of the shock body from rocks kicked up?

Protects the shock body, piston and bolt head from flying rocks/debris and hard hits from rocks/boulders. Most other "shield designs" are fastened by one bolt and they rotate to some cases where the guard pierces the shocks body or are bolted on with worm gear clamps and always rattle or fall off after a hard trail run or two.

Also there is a bolt on each side of the tower you cant see in the pic.

FOX, King, Icon and other shocks have an exposed piston rod and the rocks cause pitting that ruins the seal in short time.

TD, OME, Ironman are all shielded with a plastic or steel casing and are not as vulnerable.

J

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom