Toyota Part No.: 42601-60072 WHEEL, DISC ARE BLACK FROM TOYOTA NOT GRAY (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Would a 15x8 allow disc clearance ?

FWIW - Here are my 15x9 OEM rims, with the OEM backspacing....

img_0234-jpg.946159

Here are those rims with a set of 32x11.50's
dsc05601-jpg.1344686

img_0937-jpg.1462796

img_3984-jpg.1268486

I used the house brand Massey Furguson Grey from Tractor Supply. The paint, once cured, has been extremely durable. Much better than any rustoleum, duplicolor, or krylon I've used.

I used the house brand Massey Furguson Grey from Tractor Supply. The paint, once cured, has been extremely durable. Much better than any rustoleum, duplicolor, or krylon I've used.

Yep. Pushing it in and out of the carport can be tough on wheels.

i like that, where did you purchase the rims? ideally i am looking for 16x9 with the tabs but i know i will need to fabricate it.

Note, there are some places that will cut and weld a band into the OEM rim to widen wheels, and there are places that will cut the OEM centers out and weld them into new rims.

In Calhoun, Georgia: Wide Wheels by Jerry Robbins: 706-280-0453

From post #112168, in North Carolina:
Bill's Welding
841 Reynolds Road
Statesville, NC 28677
Ph: 704-872-7528

There are others out there that do this, you just have to search and call around. I think Weldcraft Wheels in Livonia, Michigan does this as well as Stockton Wheels in Cali.

i like that, where did you purchase the rims? ideally i am looking for 16x9 with the tabs but i know i will need to fabricate it.

I'd check these out:

Hubcap clips and rims :repost:

There was a big thread, but I guess it got deleted out of the tech section. Work looked very well done and has a 16x8 option.

Do these rims 42601-60072 fit 78' 40's? Not sure if you need different rims front and back due to the discs in front and drums in back.

Somewhat off topic but still a wheel related question.

I found that US Wheel has 15 x 10 spoke wheels like I am looking for. (Part 70-5060) The back space is 3 3/4" and not the stock 3 1/2" spacing. If I purchase a set of those I will need a 1/4" spacer to make the wheel clear the TREs. I have a set of 1/4" aluminum spacers but I have heard bad things about aluminum spacers and hesitate to use them. Does someone make a steel spacer or is the aluminum trustworthy enough to use?

Last question. @GA Architect your wheels look to have an exposed joint on the inside of the wheel rather than having the joint welded. Might this allow water into the welded joint and maybe compromise the weld at some point? Can you still run tubeless or is a tube required?

Somewhat off topic but still a wheel related question.

I found that US Wheel has 15 x 10 spoke wheels like I am looking for. (Part 70-5060) The back space is 3 3/4" and not the stock 3 1/2" spacing. If I purchase a set of those I will need a 1/4" spacer to make the wheel clear the TREs. I have a set of 1/4" aluminum spacers but I have heard bad things about aluminum spacers and hesitate to use them. Does someone make a steel spacer or is the aluminum trustworthy enough to use?

Last question. @GA Architect your wheels look to have an exposed joint on the inside of the wheel rather than having the joint welded. Might this allow water into the welded joint and maybe compromise the weld at some point? Can you still run tubeless or is a tube required?

It might allow water into the joint, but they have been primed and painted. The BFG's are tubless.

FWIW - If I had a shop close by that would cut the centers out of my OEM rims and weld them into a new 15x8 hoop with the 3.5" backspace, I'd go that route.

Rims in a nutshell:

E-60 body color
61-67 black rims
68-72/73 gray rims
72/73 - 7/80 gray outside / black inside
8/80-84 white wagon wheels

@JohnnyC I thought 68-late 72 rims where white inside and gray outside? I have 2 sets of riveted wheels off 2 different vehicles less than 500 off the vin 12/72. they are an off white inside and gray out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom