Toyota LandCruiser up for auction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those firetrucks require a lot of work to get non-firetruck'd
Yeah that was my biggest concern, I wasn’t sure how that firebox was mounted on the back there. But that firetruck red is too cool😵‍💫

what are your plans for your future LC? there's tons of info on this forum for what to look for - what to avoid. definitely worth googling some buyers guides and such.
do you have a garage? if so - do you have a good workspace in said garage? street parking? daily commuter? work from home? disposable income, good with wrenching? etc...

tons of stuff to think about - but this forum is a good place to learn/absorb knowledge from the tribe.

fair warning - you're attempting to enter the Toyota Land Cruiser scene at a point where prices have gone totally bonkers. ( you probably already know this)

I’d say wait some more until you can find one that wouldn’t require all that work unless you want to keep it as is then go for it! It would be cool to drive it as a fire truck but not useful. I’d say keep searching for a model you actually want and will work for what you want to use it

My buddy is the guy that posted this on BAT, so I'm a lil biased but it's super clean. You can hit him up on IG and ask any questions about this or other trucks -- great guy. That being said, it doesn't sounds like a beginners truck if you're looking to do big projects already.

A fire truck LC is a big project to undertake, especially if it's your first foray in LC's. I love my HZJ79 firetruck, it literally feels like a brand new vehicle that is 20 years old, but it's a project right from the get-go. I'm not the biggest fan of the fire truck HZJ75's since they don't come with power steering and are still leaf sprung. Good luck in your search!

The 75 fire trucks do not have A/C or power steering. The steering effort is really high.

It is possible to add that stuff but it's super spendy.

Last edited:
Fifteen years ago you could buy these fire trucks all day long for $5-10k. Nobody wanted them. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I almost pulled the trigger a few times back in the day on the Nissan Patrol version. They are badged as “Nissan Fire Patrol”. I was going to kit it out as an “overlander”.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom