Sark's HZJ73 Adventures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@sark, @barrett1 - I picked up aftermarket calipers for both the front and rear. Details are on my “Good Times” thread.

@sark, what colour is your 73? Your blue looks pretty close to mine. Is yours OEM? Mine came in white but has been resprayed with a mystery (to me) blue. I have some new body panels and bodywork to do, and want to start to be consistent.

@sark, @barrett1 - I picked up aftermarket calipers for both the front and rear. Details are on my “Good Times” thread.

@sark, what colour is your 73? Your blue looks pretty close to mine. Is yours OEM? Mine came in white but has been resprayed with a mystery (to me) blue. I have some new body panels and bodywork to do, and want to start to be consistent.
Yeah, so a bit of lore behind the cruiser. From what I found, this cruiser was re-painted "Blue Metallic" by Neosteel in Japan (カスタム 熊本市北区 ネオスチール - https://www.neosteel.jp/).

I did some digging based on the Neosteel sticker on my back window when I first got the cruiser, and found this post on their IG back in Feb. 2017:

The original color was 183, the blue-gray. The top was silver as well based on the paint peeling off. Seems like the typical ZX trim 73 from 1992. I like the current setup for sure. Neosteel also made the original front & rear bumpers, as well as the side rails that are all chrome. They have similar designs on their social media on other cruisers they work on as well.

I wanted to share a set of "enhanced" repair manuals I've been compiling. If you're Type-A like me, these will hopefully help make your life easier by better organizing everything so you spend less time searching for the info you need.

These are only applicable to 70-series heavy-duty models.

These are individual PDF files that contain (hopefully) close to everything one might need for their vehicle, including:
- Engine repair manual
- Chassis manual
- EWD
- Etc.

They are "enhanced" because they have been hand-processed, and contain a table of contents, a routine maintenance guide, links to appropriate sections for each item, removed unneeded pages that don't apply to the vehicle, extra reference documents, service specifications, and is sorted in a way that should make more sense in terms of related items living closer together. Some of the manuals only cover disassembly and not servicing, or vice versa, so the goal was to make a compiled manual that would have both service and repair for everything available.

---
For those of you that are not tech-savvy:

These are currently hosted in a Google Drive folder, which most people probably know is a cloud-based storage service. PDF files do not require anything beyond a web browser to view. These files are too large to preview (open) within Google Drive, so download them first and save them wherever you would like.

After download:
1. Right click the file
2. Select Properties
3. "Opens with: _____" - If you don't have this set to your web browser, select "Change"
4. Select your web browser (I use Chrome)
5. Now, you can just double-click the file to open in your web browser
---

Please note that there are invisible links over each Table of Contents line item, or section ID in the RMG, which will take you to that section page. You can also open the bookmarks tab via the top-left corner in the PDF to navigate.

Files:
*Not Recommended* - An all-in-one manual that contains everything across the individual manuals.
All-In-One - 2245 pages, 342mb

Here is the Table of Contents from the All-in-One file:

Routine Maintenance Guide
Owners Manual
Service Data Sheet - Infographic
1HZ/1PZ/1HD-T Manual
- Introduction
- Engine Mechanical
- Fuel System
- Cooling System
- Lubrication System
- Chassis Lubrication Specifications
- Starting System
- Charging System
- Service Specifications
- SST & SSM
1FZ-F/1FZ-FE Manual
- Engine Mechanical
- EFI System
- Fuel System
- Cooling System
- Lubrication System
- Ignition System
- Starting System
- Charging System
Chassis Manual
- Clutch
- Manual Transmission: H41/H55F
- Automatic Transmission: A440F
- Transfer Case
- Propeller/Drive Shaft
- Suspension & Axle
- Brake System
- Steering
- Body Electrical
- Body
- Winch
- Air Conditioning
- Standard Bolt Torque Specifications
- SST & SSM
Electrical Wiring Manual
- Relay Locations
- Fuse Block
- Electrical Wiring Routing
- Connector List
- Electrical Wiring Diagrams

Recommended - Choose your vehicle:
RHD-1HZ - 1715 pages, 251mb
RHD-1PZ - 1715 pages, 252mb
RHD-1FZ-FE (or 1FZ-F) - 1891 pages, 299mb
---
LHD-1HZ - 1712 pages, 251mb
LHD-1PZ - 1712 pages, 251mb
LHD-1FZ-FE (or 1FZ-F) - 1884 pages, 295mb

These manuals are trimmed, for the most part, to only what is relevant to these configurations.

Last edited:
I wanted to share a set of "enhanced" repair manuals I've been compiling. If you're Type-A like me, these will hopefully help make your life easier by better organizing everything so you spend less time searching for the info you need.

These are individual PDF files that contain (hopefully) close to everything one might need for their vehicle, including:
- Engine repair manual
- Chassis manual
- EWD
- Etc.

They are "enhanced" because they have been hand-processed, and contain a table of contents, a routine maintenance guide, links to appropriate sections for each item, removed unneeded pages that don't apply to the vehicle, extra reference documents, service specifications, and is sorted in a way that should make more sense in terms of related items living closer together.

---

These are currently hosted in a Google Drive folder, which most people probably know is a cloud-based storage service. PDF files do not require anything beyond a web browser to view. These files are too large to preview (open) within Google Drive, so download them first and save them wherever you would like.

After download:
1. Right click the file
2. Select Properties
3. "Opens with: _____" - If you don't have this set to your web browser, select "Change"
---

Please note that there are invisible links over each Table of Contents line item, or section ID in the RMG, which will take you to that section page. You can also open the bookmarks tab via the top-left corner in the PDF to navigate.

Files:
*Not Recommended* - An all-in-one manual that contains everything across the individual manuals.

Owners Manual
1HZ/1PZ/1HD-T Manual
- Introduction
- Engine Mechanical
- Fuel System
- Cooling System
- Lubrication System
- Starting System
- Charging System
- Service Specifications
- SST & SSM
1FZ-F/1FZ-FE Manual
- Engine Mechanical
- EFI System
- Fuel System
- Cooling System
- Lubrication System
- Ignition System
- Starting System
- Charging System
Chassis Manual
-Clutch
- Transfer Case
- Propeller/Drive Shaft
- Suspension & Axle
- Brake System
- Steering
- Body Electrical
- Body
- Winch
- Air Conditioning
- SST & SSM
Electrical Wiring Manual
- Relay Locations
- Fuse Block
- Connector List

---

These manuals are trimmed, for the most part, to only what is relevant to these configurations.
YOU ARE AWESOME. SO MUCH THANKS.

Sean

- Engine repair manual
- Chassis manual
- EWD
- Etc.

They are "enhanced" because they have been hand-processed, and contain a table of contents, a routine maintenance guide, links to appropriate sections for each item, removed unneeded pages that don't apply to the vehicle, extra reference documents, service specifications, and is sorted in a way that should make more sense in terms of related items living closer together.

---

After download:
1. Right click the file
2. Select Properties
---

Files:

Owners Manual
1HZ/1PZ/1HD-T Manual
- Introduction
- Engine Mechanical
- Fuel System
- Cooling System
- Lubrication System
- Starting System
- Charging System
- Service Specifications
- SST & SSM
1FZ-F/1FZ-FE Manual
- Engine Mechanical
- EFI System
- Fuel System
- Cooling System
- Lubrication System
- Ignition System
- Starting System
- Charging System
Chassis Manual
-Clutch
- Transfer Case
- Propeller/Drive Shaft
- Suspension & Axle
- Brake System
- Steering
- Body Electrical
- Body
- Winch
- Air Conditioning
- SST & SSM
Electrical Wiring Manual
- Relay Locations
- Fuse Block
- Connector List

---

Wow. This is truly OCD over the top. Great work and great technical contribution.

If you want, please go ahead and post these in the Manual stickie. It would be a great addition.

:cheers:

Body mounts have arrived, thanks to Dave @ Japan4x4. Hopefully this is the last round of parts before the cruiser "spring cleaning" that is about to commence in my garage soon.

Below is what I just measured, give or take 1mm (my metric caliper is an awful $5 Home Depot Husky affair, sorry):

Format:
[Part Number]
[# of Washers (W)], [# of Rings in the rubber (R)]
D = Diameter of Washer
ID = Diameter of Rubber
H = Height including Washer(s)
H2 = Height of Rubber
W = Washer Height
Dh = Diameter of the hole in the rubber (as opposed to the diameter of the hole in the washer, if applicable)

52201-25020
1W, 1R
D = 58mm
ID = 54mm
H = 28mm
H2 = 25mm
W = 3mm
Dh = 18mm

52202-25020
1W, 1R
D = 57mm
ID = 50mm
H = 35mm
H2 = 31mm
W = 4mm
Dh = 18mm

52203-60030
1W, 0R
D = 73mm
ID = 70mm
H = 31mm
H2 = 28mm
W = 3mm
Dh = 18mm

52204-60030
0W, 0R
D = x
ID = 54mm
H = x
H2 = 33mm
W = x
Dh = 17mm

52209-60020
0W, 0R
D = x
ID = 45mm
H = x
H2 = 23mm
W = x
Dh = 18mm

52201-60040
2W, 3R
D = 64mm
ID = 54mm
H = 32mm
H2 = 26mm
W = 6mm
Dh = 18mm

52202-60020
1W, 3R
D = 57mm
ID = 50mm
H = 34mm
H2 = 31mm
W = 3mm
Dh = 18mm

52207-60040
2W, 0R
D = 64mm
ID = 54mm
H = 34mm
H2 = 28mm
W = 6mm
Dh = 18mm

52208-60010
0W, 0R
D = x
ID = 44mm
H = x
H2 = 32mm
W = x
Dh = 18mm

52203-60030
1W, 0R
D = 73mm
ID = 70mm
H = 30mm
H2 = 27mm
W = 3mm
Dh = 17mm

Does anyone know the torque specs for 1HZ mounts? I've got 17mm hex w/flange nuts on top, and the same plus a washer underneath. Doesn't match any torque specs that I have.

@OGBeno can I activate the bat signal here?

While we're at it... A440F mount torque specs as well? Those have bolts I should be able to match to the specs table, but what about the nuts from mount to crossmember underneath?

Hello,

The values for the transmission are
  1. Frame crossmember bolt torque is 620 kg cm or 45 ft lb or 61 N m.
  2. Frame crossmember nut torque is 600 kg cm or 43 ft lb or 59 N m.
I do not have the engine mounts torque but it should be around the same value as the frame crossmember bolt.

Hope this helps.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom