TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

75462355_2665324413511498_2015377072519643136_n.png

Who ever in their right mind (asking a lot, I know) voted to impose yearly property taxes on land and cars? How does it make any sense?! It's madness! People actually VOTED on a system where they gave MORE power to the government to take their legally purchased property away if some random assesed fee isn't paid on time every single year. Madness I tell you.

If I ever get into a high enough position....I'm doing my best to get rid of this insane idea.

Even better is when you try to refute said value. Last year my sons 1988 Isuzu Trooper was valued at $3200 where my 97 Land Cruiser was valued at $500. They wanted my name, so I hung up. I figured the average of the two made it ok.

Hugh? I thought it was Haywood Jablomi.

So many Simpsons calls to Moe’s, so little time.

I looked up 3 batteries on advance auto's website last Friday. Bought one in person an hour later. Checking my Junk Mail folder today, I noticed that within 36 hours I got an email from them with a "Last Chance, 24 hours only" 25% off sale. What items are specifically listed? Yep, batteries, starting with the 3 that I looked at online. That would have been a nice dent in a $198 battery. I think I'll have to look into getting some money back...

I looked up 3 batteries on advance auto's website last Friday. Bought one in person an hour later. Checking my Junk Mail folder today, I noticed that within 36 hours I got an email from them with a "Last Chance, 24 hours only" 25% off sale. What items are specifically listed? Yep, batteries, starting with the 3 that I looked at online. That would have been a nice dent in a $198 battery. I think I'll have to look into getting some money back...
Reminds me of a similar situation a friend of mine had with OrangeBoxx recently. He ordered a MOLLE panel because their website said it was in stock. He figured he'd get it quickly with OBF being a NC-based company. Three weeks later he called to ask why it hadn't shipped. "It's at the plater's," was the reply. "It will ship out in a couple of weeks." The very next day my buddy happened to notice that Orangeboxx had just posted up a 40 percent off Black Friday sale. He still hasn't gotten his panel and he paid 40 percent more not to get it. Their website still shows the panels as in stock.

Last edited:
Reminds me of a similar situation a friend of mine had with OrangeBoxx recently. He ordered a MOLLE panel because their website said it was in stock. Three weeks later he called to ask why it hadn't shipped. "It's at the plater's," was the reply. "It will ship out in a couple of weeks." The very next day my buddy happened to notice that Orangeboxx had posted up a 40 percent off Black Friday sale. He still hasn't gotten his panel and he paid 40 percent more not to get it. Their website still shows the panels as in stock.
I went through that last year, not a good experience. Then when I got it it needed a lot of modifications to actually attach to the 80.

Reminds me of a similar situation a friend of mine had with OrangeBoxx recently. He ordered a MOLLE panel because their website said it was in stock. He figured he'd get it quickly with OBF being a NC-based company. Three weeks later he called to ask why it hadn't shipped. "It's at the plater's," was the reply. "It will ship out in a couple of weeks." The very next day my buddy happened to notice that Orangeboxx had just posted up a 40 percent off Black Friday sale. He still hasn't gotten his panel and he paid 40 percent more not to get it. Their website still shows the panels as in stock.

Would second that. I ordered the fold down for the wife's gx. It took almost 3 months to get. It was basic, no frills, nothing special but still took that long. But we did finally get it, so he does deliver, eventually

May I just say how much I appreciate this thread once again. It's nice to have a place to just blow out your arse every once in a while.

Rant on:

So there is the collection of unimproved roads southwest of Nashville that has been labeled the dirt devil. A very kind fellow rode them all on his dual sport some years ago and then collected them into a map which he sells for $20. As of late the area has had some happenings as some heep clubs had taken to running creeks and generally being "those people" and actually made enough trouble that the county turned a section of road private so that it could no longer be publically accessed. I get it, stupid is as stupid does. So that's not really the rant part... my beef is with the guy who made this map and the map itself. So you pay $22.50 (which I suggested we do to ensure we not end up somewhere we shouldn't) and I get a poorly drawn paper map that looks like a big photocopy of what was scribbled out over 10 years ago. Now I can appreciate the time and effort spent mapping the roads and putting the collection together, but with all the modern technology available seems like it could have gotten a minor update in the over 10 years it's been produced. Now that aside, I have done my research and my bigger issue is with the way the fellow presents this map as some closely guarded secret area. I have pretty much all the roads on the county maps that I once carried behind my truck seat before GPS on your phone was a thing. I also am a little annoyed at the way it implied that if you geo track the route and then share it, that your are somehow infringing upon his intellectual property. I guess if you shared it under the same name, then you could be asking for some legal issues if he chose to push it, but it is literally a hand drawn county road map with a different name. I could basically go out on a weekend and drive the area roads, GPS the routes, and post it for free on gaia or some of those shared sites as rural gravel roads and I dont know how I could be even slightly in the wrong. I do not know all about copyright law, but I would expect as long as I'm not expressly copying or sharing under the same name, then I can see no issues.

I'm going to be 100% honest, I was 100% onboard with it and had even been understanding to him being defensive and accusatory on other forms to people who he perceived as passing on the routes because he was being associate with the idiots who had been wrecking things, but after receiving this "map" well my tune has changed and now I'm completely aggravated by the whole thing.

Not sure if I am in the right or not, but I'm annoyed and needed to vent.

Rant off

Just sold the Chrysler min-van and replaced it with a 1st gen Sequoia so hopefully I won't be spending nearly as much time at Advance (still have a TJ though).... but you have to "play their game". If you order it online and go pick it up, you always get a 20% off coupon on the website. If you put it in the cart and wait overnight, you'll get a 25% off code in email. It's maddening to me to have to order something online and go pick it up; why can't I just walk in and pay that price?!?

I remember our first Minivan, a new Chrysler, 1996-7 or so....When it hit 36K miles (the warranty), it slowly began to un-assemble itself. My wife was angry, I would sit in the garage and cry, tears of amazement. My wife asked me if I was angry, I said "no, tears of happiness, this is the most purest simplest weibull survival curve design-to-life I have ever witnessed, just a work of art". She hit me with a broom and we got Honda minivans after that.

PSA - If you are sick do not come into the office unless absolutely necessary. So inconsiderate. Drives me nuts!

PSA - If you are sick do not come into the office unless absolutely necessary. So inconsiderate. Drives me nuts!
...but I don’t want to use MY time to keep YOU from getting sick.

Just sold the Chrysler min-van and replaced it with a 1st gen Sequoia so hopefully I won't be spending nearly as much time at Advance (still have a TJ though).... but you have to "play their game". If you order it online and go pick it up, you always get a 20% off coupon on the website. If you put it in the cart and wait overnight, you'll get a 25% off code in email. It's maddening to me to have to order something online and go pick it up; why can't I just walk in and pay that price?!?
I always walk in and find what I need and buy it on my phone.

Drivers on the primary road directly in front of me putting on their right turn signal and coming to a complete stop in the PRIMARY ROAD to yield the right-of-way to oncoming traffic so oncoming traffic can turn left into the same secondary road. Why make yourself a target for old grouchy white guys like me that understand the rules of the road? Where do these people come from and how can I get them to ride the bus?

Drivers on the primary road directly in front of me putting on their right turn signal and coming to a complete stop in the PRIMARY ROAD to yield the right-of-way to oncoming traffic so oncoming traffic can turn left into the same secondary road. Why make yourself a target for old grouchy white guys like me that understand the rules of the road? Where do these people come from and how can I get them to ride the bus?
1000% agree. I am not sure what is going on with these folks that stop. Very strange and good way to get hit. Happens a lot more than it use too. Cops should write tickets for this lack of knowledge about driving. The number of accidents this causes has to be off the charts.

Do you lay on your horn when that happens? If you don't, they don't know they're in the wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom