TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't know, @JohnVee doesn't seem so cool anymore now that he cut his hair and conformed.......
Yeah, I went all "Metallica post-Black album" and now I'm terrible. My hair gave me my power. I've been Samson'd.
C’mon now. Cool is always on the inside. Everything is just window dressing-or maybe overland patches to stick with the recent themes.

People who decide they have to make a turn but are in the wrong lane, then they end up stopped, blocking 2 lanes trying to get over instead of just doing what a normal functioning human would do - keep moving in the direction of travel and make a U-turn at the next legal opportunity.

Also, the ashshat in front of me today leaving Cotswold. Ah, screw it, too much to bother writing to explain it.

BTW, the stock 470 horn is way better than the 80/450.

East Raleigh is filled with this. It's usually a older Infiniti, a Nissan, Mitsubishi, older Buick, Chevy cruze, capirce, or crown vic.

Back to our normal broadcasting. I will re-start, "Overland Expo East 2019, the year of the yoga pants".

Pictures or it didn't happen... and to be clear xx only, no xy

What with all the current heightening of awareness with how people "identify" I figured that I would come clean. I went down to the local fire station and informed the gentlemen there that I identify as a Dalmatian. You know, they still would not let me ride on the truck!

Hope you do not have oil heat Al, $0.24 per gallon tax on heating oil starting next year in Seattle.

Pretty much sums up the guy as a girl track record.

70B59433-3E4B-4EEA-B4C6-62EEA8989E34.jpeg

Hope you do not have oil heat Al, $0.24 per gallon tax on heating oil starting next year in Seattle.

I'm good, haven't see a house yet that still uses oil in king county :)

Some of the parts of the county in the mountains most likely are though.

Sitting here on Sunday morning drinking my coffee enjoying the bad ass pictures from the event out at the cove in VA.
Disgruntled as **** that I couldn’t go because my truck is still not quite ready to wheel.
That is all

Sitting here on Sunday morning drinking my coffee enjoying the bad ass pictures from the event out at the cove in VA.
Disgruntled as f*** that I couldn’t go because my truck is still not quite ready to wheel.
That is all
You most definitely should be. It's very similar to parts of Rausch Creek but 3 hours closer to us! They're open all year long but the OHV trails are only accessible to groups having insured events, so I'm thinking about keeping my eyes open for those in the future to give a chance to get back up there. Another great thing - NO motorcycles allowed. Not sure about ATV's.

Has anybody else ever woken up sitting on the couch in their office at 3:00am and had to spend 20+minutes getting to the point where you’re limber enough to safely stand up and start moving towards the stairs to go to bed? You know, those wooden things that are handy for taking you to a different level of your house but are always laughing at you, secretly lying in wait with the bannister to one day kill you?

Bannister. There’s a word I haven’t heard in years. Strange.

Arthritis and seasonal temp changes can eat the peanuts out of my shhit. This just plain sucks. This is by far the worst it’s ever been for me. Might finally be time for some Rx medicines. I hate Rx medicines.

I bought a Marshall MG100HDFX half stack a few years ago but never really used it. Wife said it's time to downsize...
So your wife decides how much amplifier you need? Sorry, Jeremy, but I’ve been waiting two years to ask that question!

Side note - wanna buy an amp? I might know a guy...

@JohnVee I too hate prescriptions. With the arthritis in my back and knees getting worse I relied on a RX that kept me going to a point. My daughter finally convinced me to try Turmeric and to my astonishment it actually works.

Another staircase rant. My shop is 1 1/2 stories and the upper half story is an unfinished storage area with a long, steep exterior staircase that leads up to it. See pic:
IMG_2375[1].JPG

It rained last Saturday night. Sunday morning I went up into storage and came down the stairs carrying some parts to get the tailgate window working on my pig. Both my hands were full, carrying parts. I slipped on the damp wood stair treads about five steps from the bottom. Both feet shot out from under me. Pig parts went flying. I landed with the corner of one step square into the small of my back and the next step down hit me right on the end of my tail bone. It felt like my whole body folded backwards with my spine being the hinge point. I slid down a step or two to the bottom until my feet hit the sidewalk below and I stopped. Now most of the time when things like this happen, a person will lay there for a minute, catch his breath and calmly decide what to do next. Not me. I was so afraid I had broken my back that I immediately jumped up and started walking around in circles screaming in pain and checking to make sure my appendages were still functioning. I was very fortunate. My back and part of my ass is black and blue. I'm pretty sure I either broke or bruised my coccyx (I can barely sit in a chair). Jammed the middle finger of my right hand and skinned my left elbow. I made a video documenting the results of all this mayhem:

Was it worth it? Hell yeah it was! Somebody bring me a hemorrhoid cushion.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I either broke or bruised my coccyx (I can barely sit in a chair). Jammed the middle finger of my right hand and skinned my left elbow.

Was it worth it? Hell yeah it was! Somebody bring me a hemorrhoid cushion.

not funny, but funny - great write-up. :) I broke my tailbone in my late 20s due to an unfortunate accident involving roller blades, an incline much greater than what I thought, diet mountain dew, tequila and faulty logic? And wow, that tailbone hurt for months and sitting was the worst in my 20s.... hope it gets better. :)

Can't add a thing except that I sincerely hope the injuries heal quickly.

@roadstr6 A steel-edged concrete staircase and temporary poor depth perception broke my tailbone in '97. I would still get residual pain pretty often when sitting on certain types of chairs up until 5-6 years ago. Now it's only my kayak seat that hates me.

Back when it happened, I found that this type of slingback chair was actually comfortable. Well, the one I had wasn't leather but I know you like nice things.

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 9.21.31 AM.png

Dude! That leather chair is $998! I don't like nice things that much! I mean, there are cruiser parts to buy and all. I think what I need is one of those new fangled stand-up-to-do-your-job-because-sitting-is-bad-for-your-health workstations here at work. If I am standing up, I'm fine. I'm going to be okay. Seriously considering grip tape on those stair treads though. Finally getting the pig window working has me so giddy. I'd wager that thing hasn't worked in 15 years or more. I had put that job off for a long time, dreading it. It was literally a pile of parts in a box and a wooden dowel rod for a glass prop when I got it. The home team got bruised, battered and a little butthurt but overall it was a win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom