Too much rust? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They aren’t trolls, they most likely came from the school of hard knocks. Rusty trucks can be a real pain in the arse to work on. This is a fantastic forum with a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips.
Or, they live in places that don't salt the roads and have never seen rust like that on their own LC's.
Never seen a native truck to Colorado with that kind of rust personally.

Reading through this thread i saw no mention of POR15.

I've been using that stuff for years and absolutely swear by it!

Its worth researching for this!

Another quick question. Do you guys suggest keeping the AHC in neutral permanently (as in ahc off) to preserve the system. Or leave it on and let it do its thing. Just curious. To me less wear and tear on pump ect thanks

AHC control is just a bamboozle, the system decides what it wants to do, when it wants to do it.

I suspect most people advocating against this one realize there are a bunch of LXs on the market still that don't look like this, so might as well wait for a better one. The OP didn't start this thread as "I already bought this, tell me how F'd i am". He started it as "Should I buy this".....those two questions generally elicit different responses.

Uh.,..I don't think I'd be worried about that...also, if you turn it off, what are you saving the pump for? Also, turning it off is really just for when not in motion (and jacking the truck up or something). Once you start driving it's going to continue to do it's thing.
Reading through this thread i saw no mention of POR15.

I've been using that stuff for years and absolutely swear by it!

Its worth researching for this!
I brought it up at the beginning. It looks like the best option l

If a visual looks like that I can only imagine the issues you can't see! That already looks expensive. I would pass; go west young man!

I suspect most people advocating against this one realize there are a bunch of LXs on the market still that don't look like this, so might as well wait for a better one. The OP didn't start this thread as "I already bought this, tell me how F'd i am". He started it as "Should I buy this".....those two questions generally elicit different responses.
I had a window to return it genius. And instead of giving sound advice you ASSUME the worst and give doomsday scenarios. I just had professionals go over it with a fine tooth comb and tell me its not bad just undercoat it. Carmax offered me 5k over what i paid. Everything in real life with this truck has been a net positive so far but on this thread with certain doomsday guy its the opposite, thats odd lol

Certain doomsday guy = the vast majority of responses here.

You ignored earlier advice, why should we give any more on AHC?

If a visual looks like that I can only imagine the issues you can't see! That already looks expensive. I would pass; go west young
Certain doomsday guy = the vast majority of responses here.

You ignored earlier advice, why should we give any more on AHC?
But i didnt. Multiple people have messaged me on this forum privately. Id say its 50/50 on the forum which is strange to me but all is good

But i didnt. Multiple people have messaged me on this forum privately. Id say its 50/50 on the forum which is strange to me but all is good
Your short experience here must be different than mine, but in 15 years I haven’t noticed much in the way of people being afraid to express their opinions publicly.

It’s all good. Have fun with your rig and I’ll keep an eye out for parts falling off it if I happen to see you on the road.

Your short experience here must be different than mine, but in 15 years I haven’t noticed much in the way of people being afraid to express their opinions publicly.

It’s all good. Have fun with your rig and I’ll keep an eye out for parts falling off it if I happen to see you on the road.
Thanks bloc. Also keep a eye out for the sky falling and the collapse of civilization

Just out of curiosity, would you mind obscuring the names and posting these DMs? I'd see no reason that anyone would bother to DM you their opinion (as opposed to just posting it in the thread). Not saying you're lying, but enough to claim a 50/50 split is doubtable.

Seems like this thread is over anyway, so just some added entertainment.

Just out of curiosity, would you mind obscuring the names and posting these DMs? I'd see no reason that anyone would bother to DM you their opinion (as opposed to just posting it in the thread). Not saying you're lying, but enough to claim a 50/50 split is doubtable.

Seems like this thread is over anyway, so just some added

Seems like this thread is over anyway, so just some added entertainment.
i’ll pass. I will say members with silver stars have reached out and said its not that bad especially for the price and miles. Im not going to dox members for your entertainment sorry

Thanks. So my question here is.. should we just take it to the junk yard? What do we do with trucks like this that look amazing and low miles? Run perfect,and every scheduled service record at lexus dealership since purchase. Donate it?

You don’t buy rusted trucks in the first place. Your truck does not look “perfect”… far from it.

At the end of the day, you chose to not take our advice. Good luck to you in your future rust endeavors. If it were me, I would dump that lipstick on a pig to CarMax and take the profit…

@jason2323 did you already purchase it?
If so, see if you can find a place with a good reputation for wire wheeling and POR15 or wool wax, and just drive it. IF the body really has no rust anywhere and the interior is immaculate, then just enjoy it with routine frame treatment.

You don’t buy rusted trucks in the first place. Your truck does not look “perfect”… far from it.

At the end of the day, you chose to not take our advice. Good luck to you in your future rust endeavors. If it were me, I would dump that lipstick on a pig to CarMax and take the profit…
Thats what im saying. If noone buys trucks that have undercarriage rust. Mind you no body rust. What do we do with them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom