The Mule / 73’ with a past? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A few years ago some of us had problems with Slocruiser's rear fixed window rubber and the wing window rubber. For some reason those pieces were made with a different type of rubber and started to crumble within the year. I keep the 55 in the shop when not driving it and still had problems. I use a rubber preserver on it now, but someday will have to replace them. I hope it has been resolved by now for you.

EDIT... Let me add, all the rest of the pieces are fine.
It’s definitely a different compound than the rear tailgate glass seal. It’s a harder. It seams very durable at this point.
The tailight seals on the other hand… those are totally not worth the money. Crumbled in pieces as I installed them.

After some back and forth with Chris @powthief19 here we have the first of his 55 specific mount plates. @Forerunner sold me this 8274 and it finally made it to its forever home. Thanks again fellas for helping iron out details for this truck. 👍🏼

A196046C-6A74-4615-90F2-668B000A5107.jpeg

2746A1C5-7D84-4B42-B4EB-7CC2929465DA.jpeg

F548F63A-B38C-40C6-86AE-4B64B441624B.jpeg

A1F7010D-E226-409C-BFD7-EF8FB2FA34CD.jpeg

E78E8834-AA7C-46EC-8E21-ECDC526B413B.jpeg

Great work on getting that mounted. I have two 8274s; one is definitely going on the Troopy but I might have to rethink my decision to not install one on the 55.
Thanks! I think the mount has some work involved getting a set up installed . It doesn’t just jump on there. Bolts to be sourced, holes to be drilled, lining it up and getting the assembly happy. But I feel it’s a very nice finished product once it’s on there. Remember… no cheating! Gold zinc metric fasteners. 😂
Power cables next. Going with cable over synthetic too. Not sure this fairlead will wear nicely but it looks slightly better than the rollers. Gosh those are ugly. I’ll probably wind up with them though.

Just my opinion and then I'll shut up. That old 8274 needs a wire rope and roller fairlead. You go mixing up eras and it just doesn't look right. You want syn. rope and hawse fairlead, get a newer winch.
I 100% agree about era’s and the look. Wire rope was ordered last week. I bit the bullet and ordered the roller a few days ago.

Purchased a very nice date correct tool kit for the truck from @jblatz this week. When I did some quick searching for the tool kit when I first purchased it I believed the zipper pouch was correct. I was looking through my owners manual for 73’ and I saw the roll verse the bag. Darn it. So I here I am. Thanks again, Bill!

6E02F956-CD38-42C3-873B-ED549F1D0228.jpeg

559DDC0A-68FA-41D3-BA49-A83E486A1480.jpeg

Last edited:
So cool to see the tool bag, inspection lamp with spare bulbs and fuses. What's the hockey puck item in black, Toyota brand electrical tape? Also, do you mind sharing a pic of the lamp in action with the hood up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom