The best Headlight bulb on the market today. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One of the reasons I love my LC is its a tank and will last for years and years. So naturally I want parts that last at-least a reasonable amount of time. I guess after two years of use a bulb won't illuminant as new. So maybe replacing is a good idea as a PM item. But really how much do most of us really use the brights, to be dimmer ok but fail is not acceptable.

If bulb is not tight in headlight housing socket it would be logical they'd fail prematurely.

:confused:I'd like to hear from those that have installed the 9011 or 9012 HIR; do they fit snugly into headlight housing socket or is it a little loose prehaps?:confused:

Hi BTUMAN - can you please direct me to the "thread for my new to me 2000 LC" ? I have really tried to use search - but no luck:bang:
Welcome;

Your in just one thread of the 100-Series-Cruisers now SEE: IH8MUD Forum. Your 2000 LC if a gasoline 2UZ-FE engine is a 100 series.

Welcome;

Your in just one thread of the 100-Series-Cruisers now SEE: IH8MUD Forum. Your 2000 LC if a gasoline 2UZ-FE engine is a 100 series.
Thanks - Maybe I did not present my question clear enough :) I am in the process of installing Philips 9011, and was reading BTUMAN where he was refering to "Put Phillips 9011s in both low and high beams using the simple modifications shown in thread for my new to me 2000 LC" and tried to find that thread, hence asking for a link :), further there is taking of "double gasket" - but maybe that only refers to 2 pcs. "o" rings?
As shown in my signature I have an FZJ 100 from 2006

Would like to hear input on the LED bulbs that are being advertised here as a group buy...price seems steep but wonder if putting them in a projector would be practical...

I cant speak to the projector part. But, the 6000k Color is keeping me away. Too blue for my taste. I told Shane if he could get 4300-5000k bulbs i would be interested. In the end, i think I am finally take the retro fit plunge.... But happy to see him offer these.

I cant speak to the projector part. But, the 6000k Color is keeping me away. Too blue for my taste. I told Shane if he could get 4300-5000k bulbs i would be interested. In the end, i think I am finally take the retro fit plunge.... But happy to see him offer these.

To my understanding there is only one heat range for LED and that's "daylight" @ 6000k above that and you get blue tint to purple at 35000

I run 6500k and see no blue unless I'm looking at an angle and only then I see a slight tint of blue. But I'm getting old.

Thanks - Maybe I did not present my question clear enough :) I am in the process of installing Philips 9011, and was reading BTUMAN where he was refering to "Put Phillips 9011s in both low and high beams using the simple modifications shown in thread for my new to me 2000 LC" and tried to find that thread, hence asking for a link :), further there is taking of "double gasket" - but maybe that only refers to 2 pcs. "o" rings?
As shown in my signature I have an FZJ 100 from 2006
I have no idea where that thread is, as for replacing stock bulb with the HIR: First go back to post #1 of this thread you'll see a picture at bottom of that page of a reflective headlight, this is what this thread primary deals with. You'll see links starting at top of page dealing with modification, which one deals with putting 9011 in low beam which is normally only used in replacement of high beam (the OEM 9005 high beam). When using the 9011 to replace the low beam (The OEM 9006 low beam) it's my understanding the guy's doing this are double the rubber O ring onto one bulb, taken one ring from old bulb. They do these because it to loose otherwise. You also need to cut down tab to fit in headlight house socket, which you'll also find links to in (click on the following link I've provided & underlined) SEE: post #1

* Elijah the 1st to show illumination by substituting all with Philips 9011 HIR bulbs See: #117, #186 & #192.

Last edited:
To my understanding there is only one heat range for LED and that's "daylight" @ 6000k above that and you get blue tint to purple at 35000

I run 6500k and see no blue unless I'm looking at an angle and only then I see a slight tint of blue. But I'm getting old.

This particular bulb may only be available @6000K. But to say there is only one color range for LEDs would be incorrect. 6000K is considered "Cool White" and was the first available LED "white" color. Because of this, it took a long time for LED lighting to take off for light fixtures and replacement bulbs often used around our houses and offices. Most people in the early days had the perception of LED being "too blue". You can get different Kelvin scales these days. Take for example the Cree Troffer fixture: LINK It only comes in 3000K, 3500K, 4000K or 5000K. Notice they do not do 6000K, it is too blue....

Like we spoke about on Facebook. Color is a personal thing. I feel anything above 5000K is too blue. But, but part of my job has me looking at LED's and specifying the color range used. I am happy you have something to offer. It means things are changing and options are always good. Hopefully one day there will be more color options for these. I would love some for my fogs in a Hyper yellow color..... And perhaps once some people get these and start using them more will get the chance to see them in person and the color will be ok for them.

:cheers:

Thanks for the input and I stand corrected. My buddy worked for a printer 20 years ago and used to bitch at every paper he picked up as he could see the colors not lining up in color ads. It drove him nuts, to me it was legible.

Yes, these are only available in 6000k which by their standards is white.

Hi BTUMAN - can you please direct me to the "thread for my new to me 2000 LC" ? I have really tried to use search - but no luck:bang:
. I was indicating which of my Land Cruisers I was putting the lights in- not referencing a separate thread. This is the thread I used.

They seem tight to me. The high beams with the double gasket is a good idea (taken from the old ones).

I look forward to seeing them in person. They do offer a lot.

Interesting, I'm with you, 6000k sounds too blue for me too. Question though, are they putting out lumens similar to HID's? Are they bright?

I have no idea where that thread is, as for replacing stock bulb with the HIR: First go back to post #1 of this thread you'll see a picture at bottom of that page of a reflective headlight, this is what this thread primary deals with. You'll see links starting at top of page dealing with modification, which one deals with putting 9011 in low beam which is normally only used in replacement of high beam (the OEM 9005 high beam). When using the 9011 to replace the low beam (The OEM 9006 low beam) it's my understanding the guy's doing this are double the rubber O ring onto one bulb, taken one ring from old bulb. They do these because it to loose otherwise. You also need to cut down tab to fit in headlight house socket, which you'll also find links to in (click on the following link I've provided & underlined) SEE: post #1

* Elijah the 1st to show illumination by substituting all with Philips 9011 HIR bulbs See: #117, #186 & #192.

Thanks - I have read this thread from A to Z - was just wondering if I missed some important information - thanks for your prompt and helpful reply’s.

For your information the FZJ 2005-2007 sold in Vietnam is a strange beast. It was only sold as FZJ (in line 4500 6 cylinder petrol) and only with manual gear. The “high” Headlight is factory HID (not projector type), and the “low” is HB4, the headlight front is in plastic The fog light works from both position light and High and low beam. Always with Sub tank, Radio without GPS.
I will try to upgrade the “low” and fog light to 9011 but will do it with the help of a relay

LED's in the 100 headlights are going to produce excessive foreground lighting, and little width. It will be great for driving in low range. Best of luck on the highway in the rain.

LED's in the 100 headlights are going to produce excessive foreground lighting, and little width. It will be great for driving in low range. Best of luck on the highway in the rain.

Good thoughts. Sticking to my HID plan then.

I'm trying the 9011's one more time but ordering from Candlepower Inc. to see if what I got from Amazon is the same.

Package arrived from Candlepower Inc. Bulbs look exactly the same; packaging was different. Price was different too. :doh:

Amazon bulb on the left, Candlepower Inc. on the right.

picture.php

Let's see how long these last, but I'm not optimistic.....

Edit: Notice, these are German made. Wondering how many hours of life they are spec'ed for.

Last edited:
Package arrived from Candlepower Inc. Bulbs look exactly the same; packaging was different. Price was different too. :doh:

Amazon bulb on the left, Candlepower Inc. on the right.

picture.php

Let's see how long these last, but I'm not optimistic.....

Edit: Notice, these are German made. Wondering how many hours of life they are spec'ed for.

Those aren't EXACTLY the same. The black parts that help it fit in the socket are different. One will need to be cut down and one won't. You might find a difference inside the actual plug, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom