Builds The Architect's '77 FJ40

fj401978

Skip
SILVER Star
An expansion is already in the works!

View attachment 1956796
There is never enough room for all of our 'stuff' lol I've been resisting that same urge to get a welder for a few years now, I don't know how much longer I can resist :oops: Look forward to seeing your progress with your skills...good luck!

GA Architect

SILVER Star
Rick, aren’t you due for an overly obsessive restoration on an impulse buy soon?
Hush yo mouth, young man!......(but I think you are 100% correct!!!!!)

With toting two mortgages for the past year, I'm just lucky to have a pulse! However, we meet with a Realtor tomorrow morning at 9AM to sell our old house.

And why, the lengthy double mortgage payments....Well, a week after we moved into the new abode, the below happened!
IMG_3811.jpg

IMG_3813.jpg

Below is what the house did look like before the damage. This photo was take not long before it happened.
IMG_2654.jpg

And now looks similar to below, but completely finished.
IMG_4776.JPEG

Just to put some perspective on what hit the house, four hardwood trees with a minimum of 44" base and one red oak with a 60" base. Had that happened while my wife and I were asleep in our Master Bedroom, let's just say we would be ashes and scattered over a golf course & lake.

BUT, it wasn't our time to go.......and we (my wife and I) are very grateful to be here today.

Jdc1

SILVER Star
Hush yo mouth, young man!......(but I think you are 100% correct!!!!!)

With toting two mortgages for the past year, I'm just lucky to have a pulse! However, we meet with a Realtor tomorrow morning at 9AM to sell our old house.

And why, the lengthy double mortgage payments....Well, a week after we moved into the new abode, the below happened!
View attachment 1957115
View attachment 1957116

Below is what the house did look like before the damage. This photo was take not long before it happened.
View attachment 1957113

And now looks similar to below, but completely finished.
View attachment 1957122

Just to put some perspective on what hit the house, four hardwood trees with a minimum of 44" base and one red oak with a 60" base. Had that happened while my wife and I were asleep in our Master Bedroom, let's just say we would be ashes and scattered over a golf course & lake.

BUT, it wasn't our time to go.......and we (my wife and I) are very grateful to be here today.

That’s crazy, I’m glad you and the family are safe. Good luck on the sale. My wife and I lived in Cumming for the first few years of our marriage. The weather was unpredictable and impressively extreme. We had a house on a house on a slab and when a tornado went through the neighborhood it got kind of scary.

GA Architect

SILVER Star
That’s crazy, I’m glad you and the family are safe. Good luck on the sale. My wife and I lived in Cumming for the first few years of our marriage. The weather was unpredictable and impressively extreme. We had a house on a house on a slab and when a tornado went through the neighborhood it got kind of scary.
No tornado, no storm, no wind......a lot of rain just before that happened. Then one day, the 60" red oak's root ball gave way, and down it came taking along seven others. Our biggest loss, other than time, is the Japanese Blood Maple that was shattered.

Enough of that, cruiser time! One from a job site this week.

Baja73

SILVER Star
Next up, the suspension, wheels and tire upgrade. I ordered the OME 2.5" lift, a Warn Winch cover and a set of stock steelies. I Had the stock rims widened out to 9" to hold the new 33X12.50X15 Goodyear Duratrac's. What a major appearance change this made to my 40.

View attachment 998690

View attachment 998691

View attachment 998692
Rick,

Are you happy with your 2.5” OME lift? Is it the light or heavy version? Do you have any rubbing in the rear? Did you go with OME shocks? I am getting ready to order a lift and would appreciate your opinions. Thanks

Steve

Top Bottom