Builds The Architect's '77 FJ40 (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can you share how those new seat belts are working out for you? They look to be the CCOT units right? I need some and was curious
as to the quality and how they generally feel off-road as well as on-road...

Thanks and Cheers!!

I removed my frayed OEM seat belts and installed some CCOT seat belts. At the time, I didn't know any better, but the CCOT served their purpose. They are finicky and the retraction sticks at times, as well as they keep tightening up.....However, last year I sent my OEM seat belt out for a rework. See post #979 < here >. I'm sure glad I did and really like the work that was done. No more finicky re-tractors. If I were to reinstall some seat belts for some strange reason, I'd look at other options that the one I mentioned.

@GA Architect any clearance issues pulling into the garage?

No issues with the 32's, or the 33's that were one my rig at one time. My garage is 6'-10" at the lowest trim piece.

I guess you got the big boy seat! Any comments about the performance of the lights?

The wider seats are nice, especially after eating at the local AYCE BBQ joint! :pig: The LED lights are in to stay, I like! :steer:

Your 40 looks great. This is one of my favorite threads.

This is a lot of people's favorite thread... a very well-kept 40 that is driven and enjoyed. Lots of 40 enjoyment to be had vicariously in these parts.

Little things.....Installed a few new 90950-01199 rubber stoppers in the rear tire carrier. Didn't like the painted ones.

Before:
IMG_0321.jpg

After:
IMG_0326.jpg

Ahhh a zombie apocalypse vehicle next to Honda ... nice :)

Was your daughter hitting you up for some coin... when I went home to my parents I usually started with need advise about something that leads to needing money lol

I hope you didn't give your daughter the advise of how to make two meals out of one ramen soup packet :meh:

:)

No more rattling cruisers on US roads ..
Roger has been taking on the journey to help as exclusive distributor of this true badass spare wheel hinge upgrade. With bulk shipping and automated manufacturing the intro price is coming down to a real badass value for the product.

Spare Wheel Carrier Pin Upgrade Kit for Land Cruiser FJ40

View attachment 1441313

View attachment 1441314

View attachment 1441315
Little things.....Installed a few new 90950-01199 rubber stoppers in the rear tire carrier. Didn't like the painted ones.
Take a look at these upgrades..
Before:
View attachment 1409089

After:
View attachment 1409090

As far as my rig goes, I've just been driving it. I did hit a few of the grease zerks the other night. Oh, snapped this last week, here is a "Took my FJ40 to the Job Site Today" photo. I'll take some better ones next time to show the buildings and not just a parking deck.

IMG_0530.jpg

Also, introduced the kiddos to a nearby Wildlife Management Area for a little trail riding. Someone had a blast, @SAVtheSAVAGE ....:steer:

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

Yep, if the smile above or the thread below is any indication, I may have them hooked?

Best places to go mudding and off-roading in Ga.

Well, my son isn't in a Toyota product but cruises his style....being outdoors is our way of life.
IMG_0612.jpg

Great pics Rick thanks for sharing!

Clean rig and great thread. Any mods or maintenance items in the near future?

Clean rig and great thread. Any mods or maintenance items in the near future?

Thanks! No mods, but I've got an oil change coming up in the near future. Other than that, just driving and enjoying it. Oh, the FJ40 and I plan to be at Caffeine and Octane this Sunday.

Not much to post these days about wrenching, which is a good thing. Just been driving it and refilling it with Chevron's ethanol free good stuff. Below are a few photos of the 40 at one of my job sites.

IMG_0937.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

I don't mind wheeling with other then toyota trucks ... most times I go with an OTTT (Other Then Toyota Truck) they need to get pulled off a rock or exposed root or something else comical

It give you that warm tingling feeling of happiness :)

And... I bet if your son ever got stuck with his bus your daughter pulling him out would be a highlight to how he should roll with a toyota instead of The chrome monster living in the 'hood' mobile

It's great that you guys do get along so well... love seeing family doing actually family things

Yes nice seeing the whole clan with similar interests. I had a Dodge Ram, hope it treats him better than the one I had treated me;) Have a great weekend Rick.

Just wanted to say thank you for posting up this good tech. After ordering an Aisin from amazon for my 78, only to get it and discover that it was for an oil cooler, I then followed your advice and ordered up the Airtex AW9493.

Got the part and it looks great, especially given the scorching deal I got on this new but returned item. Just waiting on the right stuff gasket maker to arrive then I'll get to work. Also picked up some prestige and a Wally World bag! Good tech

Any advice on prep work I can do to make the weekend go smoother? Was going to pb blast the bolts on the wp, and the fan clutch. I'm planning to flush the system somehow, and use the Preston flush and renew product to get out all the old gunk that's built up.

One of these days I'll install your rock-guards! I'm procrastinating on that job because I t's a rusty mess that will surely result in lots of broken bolts. The visors are also still working great!

Thanks again for the good tech, looking forward to getting this thing back on the road for the nice summer weather!

Being that this:View attachment 1092835 Caused this: View attachment 1092836

Purchased and received my new Airtex 9493 water pump last Friday. View attachment 1092834 Installed it Friday night. View attachment 1092838 View attachment 1092839

Filled it up with coolant Saturday, burped the system, drove it around.....parked it, and was happy to see no coolant on my basement floor.

Makes me feel good wrenching to keep up with maintenance on my rig. Heck if an Architect can do it, then........well, then I'm just plain happy! :)

A couple of nice rigs sitting in front of my office today... :grinpimp: ...my daughter stopped by for some college advice.

View attachment 1417155

View attachment 1417156
LOL Rick ... I can't imagine ANY college student, in the history of college, having ever stopped back by to see their parents, that they could seek some college advice.

... But for merely that of $$$. ... :)

A good weekend to you.
~Marc

The wife and I went for a morning walk and parked next to this:

View attachment 1424181

View attachment 1424182
This "artful" car has truly been an eyesore, here in Woodstock, for far too long now. Why it's been permitted for so many years now to be literally abandoned in the various Woodstock parking lots - I've no clue. It naturally hurts to look at it. And when it's seen driving around, from parking lot to parking lot, all the rest of us here in Woodstock simply wish we had one of those huge Aussie bull bumpers, that we could plow this long ago dead looking beast off the Arnold Mill or E. Cherokee road. :)

~Marc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom