Builds The '93 Troopy Hodgepodge (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I vote for the new TuRD Tan color.

Paint it white, then wrap it any color you want. If you don’t like your first choice, peel off the wrap and go with something else. You can even have your choice of retro graphics printed on the wrap, or go with a carbon fiber look for the hood or whatever. Sky’s the limit. And a wrap works great to preserve the paint.

At least maybe find a shop that will print big color samples for you on vehicle wrap (3M IJ180). You can stick them to your car to see how you like the color before proceeding.

Just a thought.

Crossmember supports we made and added.

33B46738-F225-469E-A665-BAAD445AFDA9.jpeg

46A94DBB-A5CA-490A-A77A-C0E7F2D2C654.jpeg

Final test fit.

4C17ADD7-005A-4E34-B519-99CC0D64BD83.jpeg

A9CC05DA-EEB2-4B92-B8AC-F3BBBBDD9D7D.jpeg

18237918-FAC7-4499-B67F-91588F8E96E5.jpeg

Cheers

Awesome work.... Now back to the color conversations and unwanted opinions :cool:

~If bolting a bunch of overland junk to it go with a more modern/ metallic color (i.e. silver or charcoal)

~If going for a more stock/ retro look go for a more fun classic cruiser color like Olive, Sulfur Yellow, etc etc

The answer is Porsche Chalk and I think we all know it :) We have a Cruiser with 4 doors( :cool: ) that should be getting under way here shortly and I think it will be Chalk. Best color ever made.

I saw one of these in for service at the MB dealer the other day looks cool with the white roof....easy to do on a Troop :)

hello-kitty-truck2-e1434582041934.jpg

What about a Porsche Cream white? Would look sick with satin charcoal stuff.....grille, bumpers, wheels, rack....whatever you'll have. Wait....DON'T do this combo....I may use it on the next next 79.

261_A0B5BE265AEBE58A3F9CE95B8F45660D.jpg

I like the cream... But you are so close you might as well do Lily White and Pewter like old fj4X colors. ;)

Why not go sandy on the troopy and chalk gray on the turbo S? 🤪

7605BD34-6E20-405E-A38B-4F01D34CFEAB.jpeg

Why not go sandy on the troopy and chalk gray on the turbo S? 🤪

View attachment 2588568

That is definitely a great color, it is just oh so similar to the Mexican Navy.

I drove past a convoy of about fifty navy trucks on the Gulf Coast of Mexico once. Armed to the hilt, ready for war. I wouldn’t want to be confused for one of them in Cartel Land.

Then again, there are other things to consider in Cartel Land too, like absolutely don’t drive or flash anyone at night with your LED light bar. I been told those Cartel dudes don’t take kindly to that in the slightest. Doesn’t mean I am not going to Mexico with an LED bar, probably the same kind of consideration for color of the Troopy. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Cheers

Maybe an unconventional opinion which all are free to ignore, but if you're heading south of the border and you don't want your Troopy to stand out in a crowd, maybe you should aim for something like this:

D61w2Jl.jpg

With all the work that's gone into the "Hodgepodge", it's going to end up looking super good--clean, shiny, spiffy.....sano*. But most cars south of the border aren't generally that, especially in rural areas. Anything properly restored will just end up looking like money. Paint it Porsche gray if it suits you (great color, BTW), but wrap some parts in flat black (or metallic blue); mount up some mis-matched wheels, put on a few sketchy accessories and maybe some bent, rusty bumpers. Blankets on the seats. And when you get it home, you can take all that stuff off, shine it up, and take it to Cars & Coffee or Overland Expo to show it off in all it's true beauty.

*Sano: (for those not old enough to remember) Officially from the latin "mens sana in corpore sano" (a sound mind in a sound body); adopted by California Kar Kulture in the 1960s to describe a particularly "clean" (sanitary) custom job. Rarely used now, which, oddly enough, probably makes it cool again.

Just sayin'

Top of windshield frame repair done.

D3FB78D0-5E1C-4097-98A8-18246F69391F.jpeg

Getting the FTE stripped down the rest of the way and starting to clean up the bottom end.

03FD28A6-107F-4855-96DC-F8B545C94DB3.jpeg

Cheers

Faux patina is always an option :)
2015_dodge_challenger-pic-8137257999367588808-1024x768-e1550971739343.jpeg

I'm leaning heavily to Porsche Chalk Gray. Subtle but still different.

Green would be the choice if it was staying stateside.

Then I see @mr_4wd Troopy on Instagram and get pulled back to sandy.

Any way you slice it, that is one sexy Cruiser!! Any color it is going to be extremely drool worthy. LHD makes it that much better.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom