Terrain Tamer Parabolic Springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.behance.net
Howdy all!
I've been looking to install Terrain Tamer rear parabolic springs on my HJ45 Pickup Truck.
Can't find a part number or anything.
Anyone done this?
Will springs for another LC model work by changing the spring hangers?

The setup I am looking at would be rear Terrain Tamer parabolic springs, front Terrain Tamer or OME springs.
For shocks, I am leaning heavily towards OME BP51s

Thanks!

It doesn't appear that Terrain Tamer builds springs for the 40/45.

It doesn't appear that Terrain Tamer builds springs for the 40/45.
I haven't found them, but have heard of people doing this. I just made contact with someone out of the country who has put them on his 40 and said they make a huge difference.
I will post results if they happen.

Here is a thread from last year. Maybe a 40 version in the works. You should call them directly.

Here is a thread from last year. Maybe a 40 version in the works. You should call them directly.
Thanks!
Will look into that!!

It seems that developments took place recently:

Wow incredible. It seemed like this would never happen.
Who wants to be the first Guinea Pig??!
My OME springs are only 4 years old, it seems like a bit of a waste or money to swap em out. But if these springs can make a short wheel base flex I think I'll have to buy some.

Wow incredible. It seemed like this would never happen.
Who wants to be the first Guinea Pig??!
My OME springs are only 4 years old, it seems like a bit of a waste or money to swap em out. But if these springs can make a short wheel base flex I think I'll have to buy some.
We need to find someone with old ome springs that can swap and make the comparison. I have heard that parabolics ride pretty much the same on road.
How are your omes over potholes, speedbumps and curbs?

Their website needs some work. As near as I can tell the kit is like $1800 US plus shipping/tax and perhaps some other part(s) I couldn't add to the cart.

We need to find someone with old ome springs that can swap and make the comparison. I have heard that parabolics ride pretty much the same on road.
How are your omes over potholes, speedbumps and curbs?

Mmm it's pretty rough, but probably as good as a shorty with standard springs will get. I have the OME heavy duty springs.
I only really use my '42' for camping and 4x4 so it justifies having the heavy. If I just drived it on road as a show car I'd have medium or light springs.

Fully loaded with all camping/4x4 gear and tyres aired down to 18 PSI it's not too bad. It doesn't really Flex much but I don't think any shorties really do.
I have a Warn high mount winch up front and a 180l fuel tank at the rear.

Unloaded and tyres at 36 PSI it's pretty rough on my local dirt roads. I air down as soon as my tires hit dirt on every 4x4 trip I do to soften it up.

I have a local swimming hole half an hour from my joint all thats dirt the whole way. If I know I'm not going to be driving it on road for a while I just leave it at 18 PSI.

I'll wait to see a few reviews first, but I'm 99% sure I'll probably get some parabolics over in the next year or so.

My only concern is their strength over long stretches of corrugations. I'm in Aus and do plan on doing a long desert trip in it soon. I think they'd be fine, if not potentially better but I think I'll wait and see what other people think.

The 40 Channel on Youtube installed a kit on an fj40:

Good news mate!

PS. It seems that they 're available for purchase in some European countries now (e.g. in Britain, France etc)

2.jpg

A leaf spring can be designed to flex well but they need to be specific. A spring for a soft top 40 without any accessories will need
a different rate than a 40 with a hardtop, roof rack, bumpers, winch, aux gas tank and a tire carrier. There's a relationship between free arch, spring rate and frequency in relation to weight of the vehicle. Spring rate will define "softness". The free arch will determine ride height when the rate is factored in.
Frequency, or reaction speed of the spring is based on the components of the spring. Generally, a spring comprised of more thin leaves will react faster
than a spring with fewer leaves given the same rate. Separations between the leaves with tip spacers and center spacers will also reduce friction and speed up the reaction time of a spring.

IMG_3413c.jpg

What was the cost of this set? Vendor?
I, um, can't say because I don't know. This set was sent to me for testing and review. I'll ask for a price and source for NA customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom