Parabolic springs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I emailed Terrain Tamer got a response from Cruiser Brothers who apparently are the American distributor. Reportedly they are working on a parabolic spring for the 40, but don't expect it until late 2023...
Any update?

Last edited:
Proffits swaps the rear springs end for end on 40s driven mostly on the street. That moves the axle back a few inches and gives a smoother ride. They relocate the rear wheel arches too but, if you're not picky you can just trim some sheet metal. Exhaust routing could be an issue.

I considered it for off highway use because I sit so far back it feels like I'm riding the rear axle on any rough roads/trails. On black top I don't get it unless maybe you're committed to fast highway driving and want the stability.

5:30 mark in this video.

"They're out", it's a miracle!
Oh mdman, you're the bearer of good news today!

Thank you!
PS. It seems that they did not update their PDF catalog yet...
Let me know what they quote you on shipping. I don't believe their shipping calculator from Austrailia to the US. Their stateside vendor quoted $1000 for shipping.

Let me know what they quote you on shipping. I don't believe their shipping calculator from Austrailia to the US. Their stateside vendor quoted $1000 for shipping.
AFAIK, here in Greece, local vendors do not quote shipping costs separately.
They are asking a total price (apparently including all costs), e.g. for a Terrain Tamer suspension kit (BJ45 Pickup), some months ago, the sum of (approx.) 2,000 euros/2,176 USD.
Prices are, more or less, similar in other European countries (e.g. in France can be a little bit more, in Poland less). The kit is complete (including everything, even the steering damper) and is the one our Mud mate Shown used in his resto:

I expect that their parabolic kit would be a few hundred euros/bucks more expensive.

Last edited:
AFAIK, here in Greece, local vendors do not quote shipping costs separately.
They are asking a total price (apparently including all costs), e.g. for a Terrain Tamer suspension kit (BJ45 Pickup), some months ago, the sum of (approx.) 2,000 euros/2,176 USD.
Prices are, more or less, similar in other European countries (e.g. in France can be a little bit more, in Poland less). The kit is complete (including everything, even the steering damper) and is the one our Mud mate Shown used in his resto:

I expect that their parabolic kit would be a few hundred euros/bucks more expensive.
The next thing to see is how they compare to a set of Old Man Emu springs with the shims and anti-friction pads since both setups mitigate interleaf friction.

Is it just me or does this parabolic spring look like it would catch on just about anything while off road?

In the first video on Terrain Tamer's website (post #42 & 43), it shows the lower leaf flexing very low to the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom