Supercharging my dad’s 1979 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd be curious if the supercharger allows you to drop the idle down by a hundred or two rpms? The Holley EFI folks have to run them at about 650 to 700 rpm at red lights, which is 150 to 200 rpm more than the FSM calls for on a non-USA F. I'd me interested in it for crawling, economy, noise suppression, and showing off the low-end get-up that these motors are known for. You could always make a smaller pulley for the alternator to restore the charging ability.

These damn kids these days! (Shakes fist at cloud!)

Seriously, though, nice job, dude! Keep at it!

When I was 16, I was a degenerate stoner, ditching school, and just generally being an a-hole.

It was fun, though!

Hey everyone! My name is Eli an I’m a 16 year old that makes YouTube videos. My latest project was fabricating this Paxton novi 1000 supercharger to my dads FJ40. I made the bracket and did all of the tuning, probably gave this 2F motor 80 more horsepower at 5 PSI of boost. Anyways I just got done with editing the first part of the series, go check it out on YouTube with this link. I’d really appreciate it!

View attachment 2524403

View attachment 2524404

View attachment 2524405

Wow, very impressed! Great job on the video, fab, design, damn near everything......especially for 16! Keep up the great work and props to whoever is helping you build your skill set.

Wow, very impressed! Great job on the video, fab, design, damn near everything......especially for 16! Keep up the great work and props to whoever is helping you build your skill set.
Thank you very much! I absolutely love making things especially when they have a positive outcome like this! A few years back my dad gave me full reign on his shop. Ever since then I’ve been looking up to Diresta, Grind hard plumbing co, and many more guys. I’ve really learned a lot and hope to make things the rest of my life.

Great job man. I like that your video goes right to point without BS :cool:

When you got it you got it!

Nice production value on your video, and great tech info.

I build tons of training content including video for my job so I know what it takes to put together something decent.

Subscribed, and looking forward to the next steps and beyond!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom