Speski OffRoad Barriers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Website
www.durangomagazine.com
EDIT:

I’ve sold all my Barrier designers to Joey at Wits’ End. Please visit his site to order and ask questions. He is very active here on the forum too.

Since my old threads have dropped off I'll consolidate all of them in a new thread here.

I build custom barriers for the following vehicles:

80 Series Land Cruiser/LX450, 1991-1997
100 Series Land Cruiser/LX470, 1998-2002, w/AC & wo/AC
4th gen 4Runner, 2006-2009

Pricing includes black powder coating and ground shipping to continental 48 states.

Feel free to PM me here with any questions or email through website. I generally build these to order. Allow 6-8 weeks time to ship. Contact me if time is a problem. This is a hobby for me. I don't operate a full time business doing fab work. To date I've built well over 200 of these and quit counting long ago. If you search I'm sure you'll find plenty of positive reviews.

Couple of quick notes: Not for use with side curtain airbags. Not for use with passengers in 3rd row seating. Do not mount or attach additional cargo to the barrier. Installation with common tools, no drilling or modification to vehicle required.

80 Series Barrier

DSCN7119.JPG

100 Series Barrier

9ADD0FA9-56D1-4E44-996E-145566949260-12890-00000590C4D3E9B7.jpg

4Runner Barrier

i-vC6jd4h-L.jpg

Last edited:
Corbet

I have a question I love the one in my 99. Is it the air bags the reason for I can't get one for my 04 LX? I really would like to put one in that truck also.

Thanks

Bomar

Any plans to make a barrier for the 200 Series LC/LX? Does the rear side curtain airbag system make this impossible/dangerous?

Cough "make them for the 60 series" cough cough

Cough "make them for the 60 series" cough cough

I knew this thread would get here eventually. I have every intention to build one for the FJ60/62. I've recently come up with a new design idea that satisfies all my design criterial. Strength, minimal modification to vehicle, work with drawers, and most importantly, ground shippable. So at this point I need to build a prototype. I'm in the process of purchasing some new fab tools to do so. Got one checked off the list. Couple more to go.

My FJ60 barrier will be very different from my current designs. It could even result in the complete redesign of my current barrier products. However, I have no timeline to report. It will be completely dependent on current sales and surplus business funds to purchase the needed tools. As well as free time. So all I can say, is that once its completed it will be worth the wait as long as my design pans out the way I envision it.

Once I start on the prototype I do not plan to do a build thread. I do not want to disclose my ideas publicly prior to production. I'll wait until its ready to bring to market and post a production piece.

I knew this thread would get here eventually. I have every intention to build one for the FJ60/62. I've recently come up with a new design idea that satisfies all my design criterial. Strength, minimal modification to vehicle, work with drawers, and most importantly, ground shippable. So at this point I need to build a prototype. I'm in the process of purchasing some new fab tools to do so. Got one checked off the list. Couple more to go.

My FJ60 barrier will be very different from my current designs. It could even result in the complete redesign of my current barrier products. However, I have no timeline to report. It will be completely dependent on current sales and surplus business funds to purchase the needed tools. As well as free time. So all I can say, is that once its completed it will be worth the wait as long as my design pans out the way I envision it.

Once I start on the prototype I do not plan to do a build thread. I do not want to disclose my ideas publicly prior to production. I'll wait until its ready to bring to market and post a production piece.
Great to hear and yeah, I had to say something! hahaha Thanks for the effort and I hope it comes to fruition! :beer:

Another thought on the FJ60 barrier.

Due to the complexity of my design ideas I have considered bringing this to market via a KickStarter program. While I have not researched the details of this completely yet on my end, what are your thoughts on this? On my end it would be a way to offer it at a better price as I could pre-sell some to get my unit cost down at the manufacturing level. Once I have the prototype completed I plan to outsource this one.

Due to the complexity of my design ideas I have considered bringing this to market via a KickStarter program. While I have not researched the details of this completely yet on my end, what are your thoughts on this? On my end it would be a way to offer it at a better price as I could pre-sell some to get my unit cost down at the manufacturing level. Once I have the prototype completed I plan to outsource this one.

That might be a good idea. Get money upfront from people who put a deposit down. Don't use kickstarter if you can just raise the money on here though.

I have your barrier for my 100 series and it rocks!

Yeah, maybe start a thread in the 60 section to see just much interest there is first? I have a feeling there would be good interest, but I am biased because I want one. :)

Corbet, I've enjoyed mine since 2015! Used it on a cross-country trip in 2015 with a malamute in the back. It kept him from climbing in my lap while driving. Now it works great to keep our gear from leaping over the seat (not that we've had the occasion to test it out). Plus, it serves as a convenient place to mount our fire extinguisher and I also have a first aid kit I keep clipped on there.

How is the progress coming on the 60 series? Not looking for pics, just eager to see how your new design may affect the 100 series barrier down the road.

Quick note. Due to my wife having surgery next month I will not be building any barriers after 8/17/18. I need to step away to assist her in recovery. Orders received after 8/17 will fall into a back order status to be filled upon my return.

So if you need one please place your order ASAP. Otherwise please be patient as I estimate I’ll be back to building them in November.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom